captain11's profile
Captain

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Wed, Apr 28, 2021 1:39 PM

Verizon Outage Tuesday April 27 2021

Significant Verizon outage in greater Chicagoland area, sporadic or no cell service throughout the day and very bad last evening.  Notified in the SS phone app Simplisafe was also experiencing outage but a test, as expected, showed no issue with getting signal back from dispatch.  My internet service is with AT&T and was not effected, and SS3 showed it stayed connected.  Don't know what would happen if my SS3 Verizon SIM had to be called in for action.

I would like to provide Simplisafe a "good  job" on the unexpected app notification that they were experiencing server issues.  Don't know if that was prompted by SS actually having server issues or just the trouble with Verizon. Either way, nice communication improvement. Of course, I would remiss to add that Simplisafe can go that last mile and have "system status area" in that CRC they have been working on since what seems the beginning of time! C'mon, SS, you can do it!

Update: We continue to experience intermittent issues with Verizon today, Wednesday.  

And you think Simplisafe has communication gaps? Just got off online chat with a very nice Verizon rep who confirmed they are having major sporadic network issues in various cities, including the greater Chicagoland area since yesterday. I asked her why didn't Verizon notify customers and she responded with "Thank you for your patience".???  I advised her a notification on my account when I sign into their website, an email or text etc would be nice. Her response? "Maybe we didn't because we knew it would reach you?"  I discussed the need for her to receive additional training with her manager who I hold responsible, and noted since my internet provider was not Verizon, I would get an email.  She promised I will get a notification of an ET when their network is fixed.  

It appears there is a real challenge today to have good customer communication. Luckily, SS is improving. Let's hope Big Red does too.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Another update. Now just a bit past 2pm central and my wife and my Pixel 4a's reporting WIFI down, no connection but Simplicams and doorbell pro (and the base) continue operating along quite nicely.  Still no update on status from Big Red, of course. Shows the virtue of having a cell phone carrier different than your broadband provider. Thankfully, WIFI is fine with the ATT connection, however, doubtful if my Verizon SIM in my SS base is working.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Update, time is 7:25 central and my buddies at Verizon claim the network will be completely up within the next two hours and I will be notified.  What a way to run a railroad.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

36+ hours later, I chatted again with Verizon support and, finally, confirmed all network issues were resolved as of 8:30 am this morning.  Big Red is rolling again. During all of this SS3 performed admirably. Thanks SS!