S

257 Messages

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 5:36 PM

Video recording

As of late every event recording is missing video. An arm Home or Away event which is 20 seconds shows a 20 second recording but only has 10 seconds of video and then message pops up "NO VIDEO We've lost this part of recording due to some internet issues with your camera." My
internet is running fine nothing else is having a problem with internet continuity. My upload speeds are 11.7 Mbps with one Simplisafe camera. Not sure if this related to the last firmware update. Anyone else having this issue?

257 Messages

3年前

This problem needs to be addressed. It is like clockwork. All video of system being armed or disarmed which is a 20 second video runs video for 10 seconds and then the "NO VIDEO We've lost this part of the video due to some internet issues with your camera'. My internet hasn't changed. I have one camera and 11.7 Mbps upload. Others are having same issue. This also happens with a motion detected video also. It shows a video duration of 1:05 it shows video for 28 seconds then displays the same message as above. This happens on all "motion detected' videos. So only 10 sec of video out of 20 seconds for system arm/ disarm and only 28 seconds of video out of 1:05 of video for "motion detected' video. This is NOT a problem with my internet. These events are consistently showing the times for each scenario. If my internet was going out after 10 seconds why doesn't it time out after 10 seconds for a detected motion event it runs for 28 seconds. Sounds like a sever problem at one of SS regional centers.

257 Messages

3年前

A phone call to Simplisafe this morning with no results. The call taker was very nice and tried her best. She was relaying info while I was on hold. Told her just transfer me to supervisor but that didn't happen. Again ran through what was going on as stated in previous post but added this. I can do LIVE VIEW and record until the built in out which is approximately about 1 min and 5 seconds of video recorded. Wait a couple minutes go to timeline and play back ALL 1:05 with no problem. The problem is when video recording is initiated by the SS system being armed or disarmed. It's this event when SS system activation to arm or disarm causes this problem. I have no internet issue. Waiting for a return call from a supervisor, we'll see.

326 Messages

3年前

For everyone having this issue, is it only on the timeline view?  When I see it, if I tap on the video on my timeline and go into it, I can see the whole thing.

For instance, when I shut off the alarm, both of my cameras open up and record.  If I go to the timeline and look at the timeline instance on my phone, I see the error message.  If I tap on the video, it goes into the video player and plays the full video with no problem.

One other piece of information.  If I view the timeline view on my computer, instead of displaying the error message, when the playback reaches the end, it says "Loading..." and then goes back to the beginning of the video.

I think that at least for me, it is working correctly.  The error message displays instead of the "Loading..." message that is shown on my computer is the only real issue.  I do not think that I am actually missing anything.   I have noticed that the timeline view of the video skips frames to show more of a quick view version.  When I tap on the video, it plays the full version at the correct speed.

One other thing that could be considered an issue.  When playing at normal speed from the video viewer on my computer, I do see a message at the end that says:

No Video
We did not receive this part of the recording from your camera.

But it seems to happen at the last couple of second of the video.  So yea, maybe there is an issue with it being able to play back the last few seconds.  Or maybe they are not ending the video recording correctly and it is causing an error in playback.

I don't know.  I've been trying to work out this situation ever since I got the cameras.

257 Messages

3年前

For me tapping on video in timeline  is what I always do on phone app to watch video. The problem also exist on the online account when watching videos. This appears to be an upload problem on the server end (SS) as it relates to SS system generated recordings. As I stated before a 20 second recording only produces a 10 second video then the fault message. I can LIVE view and record my LIVE view for 1 minute and 4 seconds go to timeline and play it back and get 1 min and 2 seconds of playback. It's not my camera or internet pooping out after 10 seconds of a 20 second recording. The issue I believe is with the server losing video upload or possibly a download playback with system activated (arm/disarm) events.

364 Messages

3年前

Can you try to login on a computer or Mac and check it - I had this issue and found the full video appeared there and it was an app problem.

257 Messages

3年前

As I stated above this happens on both the phone app and the online account accessed on my laptop.

257 Messages

3年前

Gee no callback from a SS supervisor guess I'll call back tomorrow.

51 Messages

3年前

It has been more than a week now, and I am still having this problem 99.999% of the time.

While a few videos will play all the way through, the majority stop and give the error message halfway through. This happens when the system generates a recording and when I do it manually.

However, I am able to download these videos and view them all in their entirety, so this is clearly a streaming or server issue on SimpliSafe's side. The full video is there. It's just not playing in the SimpliSafe iOS app. (I haven't tried viewing on a computer and don't have access to an Android device.)

257 Messages

3年前

2020 txuser I agree. I did speak with a supervisor yesterday Feb 28, 2020 they are sending new camera just to be clear that it is not a hardware issue. But this appears to be an engineering/server issue and not a hardware problem. I just wish SS would use their messaging to notify us. When multiple people are contacting them about an issue they are having with their system it would be reassuring for customers to receive a message that at least they are looking into or they have discovered an issue and are working on it to correct. The only time the message system is used is if you had a power failure, a battery is low, or there is software update. And the last is really an issue for me they should send a message in the messaging system that states "New software update is rolling out starting ________ and all customers should receive by ________ if you have not receive the update notification by _____ call SS". How hard is that? I don't like finding out that their was and update by stumbling across it on the forum and that the update was months ago. This has happened to me as my system never notified me of an update and like many others when I manually checked for and update after knowing one had been issued my system would show "Your system is up to date" when in reality it was not.

257 Messages

3年前

New camera arrived today March 2, 2020 and the new camera made no difference in the video recording playback problem. Not a hardware problem. And I did a manually activated LIVE view recording today for 26 seconds and all 26 seconds played back. It appears the issue is when the Simplisafe security system is activated ARMED or DISARMED which generates a 20 second recording each time that the problem occurs also with any motion activated video when system is armed. Waiting to hear back from SS.

257 Messages

3年前

Just noticed this the manually LIVE view recording I did today on my iPhone app shows a total of 26 seconds plays it all back no problem. On my online account viewing on my laptop same video shows 27 seconds long and when viewed cuts short sometimes at 22 seconds or 24 seconds when played back.

257 Messages

3年前

I have to say this is not an Apple iOS problem as the same thing happens when playing back video on my Windows operating system laptop.

257 Messages

3年前

What really becomes discouraging is after trying new camera the same results. Second having internet provider diagnose internet and find nothing that would cause this issue. And third two emails sent to supervisor named Ben and zero response.

9 Messages

3年前

It is surprising to see so many complaints. I have not noticed anything like that. But honestly, I have not been using it too often. I need to test my camera a few more times to identify if there are any issues. But so many negative comments are somewhat alarming. I have tried to find 917 are code feedback and did not discover anything. But at the end of the day, what solutions have you found in your situations?

257 Messages

3年前

I'd like to take this time to apologize to Ben as I had his email written down incorrectly. I did speak with him today and explained my situation. I downloaded a few videos in question and observed that the downloaded videos appear to playback just fine. The same videos viewed on phone app or laptop do not they show the error message.