M

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 10:16 PM

wait time for customer service

I am a new customer and may be an old customer soon as I have a problem with my installation and have not had anyone pick up after 20 minutes.  This is following 10 minutes of my time that I already called-- it seemed as someone picked up, but I did not hear anything and was then disconnected.  So far not so good for this customer.

19 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have had to call them a few times recently due to issues with their Doorbell Pro camera. The times that I have called around 8:00am Central, I have spoken to someone within five minutes. When I have tried to call after 5:00pm Central, I have either waited over twenty minutes or given up after forty minutes.

In my recent experience, three of the agents have been very nice and helpful and two have been very rude and blamed the problems on me. Hopefully you get one of the good ones!

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have tried a few times to reach them because my Camera is "updating" forever and never actually goes to the next step.  Waited 25 min and sounded like I got transferred and then dead silence for 2 min and then click.  This happened twice so far and now trying a 3rd time.  BTW the music really sucks and is super loud.  If you are going to keep people on hold so long, please change the music around a bit.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I have also experienced the frustration of their long wait times and disconnections. I finally got through to Gregg about 11:45 PM eastern. He was extremely helpful and apologized for the long wait times. He explained that due to the current COVID situation, they are dealing with an abnormally high number of calls because people are concerned about the way this world is turning.
That said...He helped me get my system up and going and I'm sold on Gregg and the Simplisafe team.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL Customer Service experience.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Awful Customer Service.

Their customer service is absolutely atrocious. Cannot wait to get rid of them. Have been trying to get someone for THREE WEEKS because the instructions on SmartLock installation to not jive with what's on the keypad. I end up on hold a minimum 45 minutes every time before giving up. And it's not because of Covid. That's BS. How come other companies seem to be able to properly staff themselves? This is an inexpensive system and you get what you pay for, I guess.

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I was able to contact tech support on Wednesday pretty quickly.  It seems trying to call them on Monday or Tuesday you are going to wait some serious time and possibly be hung up on several times.  I was expecting the same when I called on Wednesday and was surprised that someone picked up the moment it transferred me to tech support.  It was around 2pm when I called.  They resolved my issue real quickly when I actually got them on the phone.

26 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have called several times and never had to wait. However, everyone I ever spoke to in customer service was simply a message taker and couldn't really help me themselves. They have to send a text to someone elsewhere who tells them what to do. You cannot speak to the actual people who can actually do things and you cannot speak to a supervisor.

The time I used tech support, the guy couldn't solve my problem but had a new keypad unit sent out.

It's a pretty abysmal system in general.

57 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I feel your pain. I was told that the customer service agents we get when we call into support are remote (mine was in Boise, Idaho while SimpliSafe HQ is in Boston, MA) and don't know much and they have to reach out to their "team leads' for answers. As customers, we are not allowed to speak with these leads and cannot speak to a supervisor, no matter how much we insist. I waited on hold for 45 minutes while the agent spoke with his "lead'. He came back and told me he could not transfer me to a Lead or supervisor and was told to terminate the call. WHAT?? You have an upset customer and your going to terminate the call?? And with that, he TERMINATED the call. Who runs a company like this?????????