shiherlis's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 12:33 PM

What the heck is wrong with the ordering process?

I want to gift a family member SS3 (as an upgrade to SS2), but the system continues to add two systems! No matter what I do, it automatically populates a 1xSimpliSafe Custom Home Security System AND a 1xSimpliSafe Customer Upgrade System at the same price! Also, I have read about the online ordering process problems, which is highly frustrating. Why should I call to place my order when I can check out in minutes online?

As a satisfied customer of 8 years, I find this problem ridiculous. Captain, if you are reading this, how have you ordered systems as gifts? I want it to surprise my relative as a housewarming offering. They have an account with Interactive Monitoring (and it has been 4-5 years since they have been a customer). I cannot figure out why ordering one system without a duplicate is impossible. I am doing nothing wrong. I empty the cart, add the new system, and it generates two.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

Il y a 5 m

Never mind. I went ahead and purchased from a retailer. Of course, I have always bought directly from SimpliSafe (systems and additional components), but that tells you a lot when another option is far easier presently. It took me two minutes. While I am sure a call to sales can be fast, I am reasonably sure it would not have been that fast.

I presume the warranty still applies through SimpliSafe as opposed to the retailer. Therefore, I could not deal with the frustration (plus, the ability to pick up the new system instead of waiting for shipping was a plus). However, I was able to get an additional component at a lower price than the quote through SimpliSafe. That sale would have gone through the SimpliSafe site if everything had gone smoothly and correctly.

I love my SimpliSafe system, but apologies; that was too much to sort out.

(edited)

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 5 m

Hi shiherlis,

I'm really sorry about the confusion. They might appear as separate items, but they're actually the same item (and should only be counted as one in the price total). The "Upgrade" item is necessary in our system if you want to use the discount to upgrade your own system.

If you're buying a system for someone else, even if they already have a Gen 2 system, then you would just want to purchase a whole new system.

As for the warranty: As long as you purchased from an official retail partner and not a reseller, the same warranty applies to your products. The main difference would be the Money Back Guarantee. Ours is of course 60 Days, but our retail partners might have a much shorter period.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

@davey_d​ 

Thank you for the reply, Davey. I appreciate it.

Since I knew it would be a housewarming gift, I did indeed place the one custom system in my cart (I did not click any upgrade links). After seeing two identical packages, I deleted/cleared my cart in the attempt to get only the one system to show, so much so that I invested well over an hour of my time before giving up. Each time, the second system would automatically add itself. Again, I did not click any links to upgrade (I already own a Gen 3 system, so it does not seem to allow me to do so anyway). I also did not add any discount codes – the system added one on its own. When I would delete it, it would generate another code.

When I finally checked out ("next: payment" page), it showed a total that would charge my credit card for two systems. I was not going down that road. I did not want to place my order and then endure a partial payment reversal, so I finally went through the authorized retailer later that day. I expect to see what I will pay before clicking the order button. That was not happening on the SimpliSafe site.

The ordering for customers should be highly straightforward – that was a mess. If you are ordering one system, do not duplicate items identical in the cart contents; it is too confusing. I am confident there are brilliant enough minds at SimpliSafe who can figure out how to take care of this.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Yep, it's looking like bug that we need to squash ASAP. I'm going to bring it to our dev team.

Did you happen to be logged into your SimpliSafe account at the time? And if you could tell me about your computer's operating system and what browser you were using, that will help as well.

Advocate

• 

636 Messages

When I initially tried to place the order, I was not, and it was duplicating it. So I figured if I logged in, that would sort it out – the problem remained. The PC's OS is Windows 8.1, and I attempted the purchase in Chrome and Firefox with no extensions/add-ons in either (and they both are the latest versions of the browsers).

I then went to my other computer, tried in both Edge and Firefox (latest builds, no add-ons or extensions), and encountered the same. No matter what I tried, it would add the duplicate order. The OS on that PC is Windows 10.