worthing's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:56 AM

Why are some of my forum replies showing as Private?

I've noticed that some of my replies on threads are marked Private and others are not. What does Private mean? Why are some posts marked this way and others are not? Example screenshot added below.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

7 m ago

Hi Worthing,

The culprit is our overly-aggressive filter that blocks out potentially problematic content. It's supposed to be catching posts with dodgy links, personal info (like credit card numbers and phone numbers), etc. It's been catching a lot of my own posts!

Our devs are working on it, and in the meantime I'm manually unblocking when I spot them.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

7 m ago

Davey, we have a little spammer friend again today (it's been reported), so hopefully, the filter actually recognizes spam, lol.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

7 m ago

@davey_d 

potentially problematic content

This is not the first time someone has referred to me using similar language. :)  Thanks for the update!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

7 m ago

And I'd just like to personally congratulate Worthing.  You made it to Advocate, lol.  :)

166 Messages

6 m ago

Please review my Post. It's labeled "Private".  I was giving a compliment to Mone at the SS help phone number. She was outstanding and thought she should  be recoginzed...if that is not allowed please remove her name and phone number from my post.  Thanks.

https://community.simplisafe.com/conversations/general-questions/connecting-to-base-keypad-error/61f53fd99ae52c4a675302cb

Yesterday we returned home from a 5 day trip. I tried disarming my system using the App on my cell phone. It would not connect, by either using my home WiFi or mobile data. Neither my wife or I carry a key fob anymore since using the App. I entered through the front door, it's set on Instant Trigger, and immediately the alarm went off. I went to the keypad and after numerous tries I was able to turn it off. COPS called and I explained the situation and told them I was having a problem with the system.

Then the message popped up saying the keypad was out of range once again. I moved the keypad next to the Base Station and would it connect, but then trying to activate the alarm I got the same message.  I tried using both key fobs and neither worked. Keypad out of range kept popping up. So, I changed the keypad batteries, unplugged the Base Station, removed the  batteries, waited about 5, and reinstalled the batteries and plugged it in. Same issues. My keypad is mounted about 10 feet from the Base Station.

I ended up calling customer service using the number at the bottom of the help page: 888-957-4675, and a very friendly voice answered the phone, her name was Mone.  She walked me through a troubleshooting session, doing the same things I had done previously. I put the phone on Speaker mode so she could hear the responses  from the Base Station. She was also remotely looking at my system while going through the motions of trying to arm and disarm my system. After about 10 minutes of discussion she said she would be sending out a new Base Station and a return label for my current Base Station. I should be receiving it within the next couple of days.

This is my first issue with my SimpliSafe system in almost 9 years of ownership.  It is also my first time calling customer service with a problem. I am extremely impressed on how fast my call was answered, and how professional and knowledgeable Mone was in troubleshooting the issue.  I should know soon if the new Base Station will fix the problem, sure hope so.  After nine years of being "Alarmed" it's a bit disconcerting going to bed  without it. My dog Jake is my secondary alarm system, so he is now promoted to my first line of defense!

I will come back and post an update once my SS is back online.

(edited)

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@route_66_guy​ you're on the right track, our filter somehow caught our own phone number and blocked it. But I caught it and set the post back to public.

(edited)

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

5 m ago

FYI, this is still happening and it's quite annoying.

What's the long term fix for this? Y'all presumably invested time and money into this solution and someone manually converting messages can't possibly be an acceptable long term fix.