B

Wed, Jan 29, 2020 3:57 PM

Wow Not good

I think Simplisafe needs to fix this flaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfc_jQAB9g

In theory someone shouldn't be able to do this as by the time they gained access to the house the alarm would have sounded, pretty bad this flaw is out there thought.

1.2K Messages

3年前

Lol what a joke.  So someones going to break into my house while the alarm is in off mode, pair up a new keypad, then leave, then break in at a later date while the alarm is set.  Michael Bay villains don't even get that ridiculous.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

Please for the love of our god, stop watching these stupid YouTube videos. All it is, is other security companies that are getting pissed off because simplisafe has taken over the game and they are losing business because of it so why not find out hiw to hack ss and post it smh. Every single wireless Device can be hacked, ring, hell even ADT can be hacked its jist common sense stuff, dont advertise who you have, we have cpi signs and stickers, hide your base station, and have multiple layers of protection. Im sick as hell with all these sorry companies that want to put ss out of business because they suck and cant keep up. Ok im done before i get my blood pressure up.

364 Messages

3年前

This has to be the worst video I have ever seen.

So in home mode you have 0 seconds on enter to get into my house,  in they 0 seconds you need to be able to do all that as well hahahaha .
Biggest pile of crap I have seen yet . To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of these but this video has cheered me up at least and the  some complete fool made it as well

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

3年前

I go with dandyDons post. The video is terrible.

326 Messages

3年前

Burglar alarms can deter burglars, but at least around here, most theft is smash and grab.  By the time the authorities have responded, the thieves are probably already at the pawn shop selling my stuff.

The only security I get with a system is knowing that something happened.

My base station is well hidden and I am in the process of building in redundancies with multiple sensors (thanks SAVE30!).  I too have my alarm to go off at zero seconds when it's set to home.  I have tried it and it goes off instantly.  As in I can't even hear the door open chime because the alarm is already going off.

I'm not worried.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3年前

How is this a "flaw"?  

The user allowing someone else physical access to his system is flawed behavior.  The system is working just as it should.

51 Messages

3年前

I am not worried about some random managing to break into my house and look for and actually find my hidden base station before setting off the alarm. By then I would have shot them at least twice.