dandydons's profile

Sun, Oct 31, 2021 8:52 PM

Zero response - will be calling SS tomorrow...

Well I pay my ¬£19.99 a month every month without fail.  Get my test signal received notification sent but tonight I wasn't impressed...

Wife dropped glass cup and the good news is the glass break sensor activated for the first time in years.

Kitchen motion sensor triggered next followed by dining room motion sensor then living room motion sensor.

Alarm went off for over 30 seconds.  

No calls at all from SS to check.  Now I DO get it was a false alarm and I DO get that if its deactivated after a short space of time it gets cancelled.. but why are the monitoring team SO inconsistent.   About a month ago I opened my door forgetting the alarm was set..  I put it off about 5 seconds later... the phone rang..

so why then when all these triggers are hitting am I not getting that call..   Yeah they can see my wife and kids running about the house so all good but even something.....  just to let me know they seen it....... they know....  my ¬£19.99 isn't some fairy dust vanishing every month from my account...

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 9 m

@dandyDons please post after you call to tell us what was said.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 9 m

Hi dandyDons,

I see that you were able to get your call in, and we've already started on the process of filing an inquiry with our Monitoring partner (for UK, that would be Securitas). Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon!

- Davey D.
Community Development Manager
SimpliSafe Home Security

364 Messages

Il y a 9 m

Got it sorted

Securitas Monthly SLA - 80% of calls completed within 90 seconds. 98.5% of calls completed within 180 seconds after the alarm trigger.

If you fail to answer the phone, they will leave a voicemail and call your Keyholders, if they fail to answer the phone, they will wait for 15 minutes and try again.

Securitas do not call if the alarm is cancelled within 120 seconds.
This is an industry standard best practice approach and only applies to intruder alarms - other alarm types are presented to the Securitas alarm queue without delay.

(Sometimes Securitas will still follow procedure even if the alarm is canceled in this time) = this is where the issue comes from the customer - we assume because we had a call before .. now that were not getting one now... we panic. when in fact the previous call was just above what was meant to happen.

In theory - all good.  dont expect a call if cancel alarm within 2 minutes of it sounding. If get one - happy days.    I was however sure this used to be 30 seconds to 1 min

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 9 m

@dandyDons unless I am mistaken (and that's not a rare event, unfotunately) I understand for the US at least, it is 30 seconds. Don't know if that has changed; Davey D?