davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 5:26 PM

C.O.P.S. Monitoring - Phone Number and Important Info

Hi all,

As always, thanks so much for  choosing SimpliSafe. We wanted to take the opportunity to let you know of a slight change in the dispatch procedure that will affect you.

Our Monitoring Company partner, C.O.P.S. Monitoring, is transitioning to a new phone number, which is:

1-855-693-4911

If you have their number saved on your phone, it would be a good idea to change it now, so you'll know who's calling! Of course, the previous number 1-800-633-2677 will still work for the time being. But all future emergency calls will now go through the new number.

If you have found this post while looking for C.O.P.S. Monitoring's information for permits/registering with your local authorities, that remains the same:

C.O.P.S. Monitoring
1041 Glassboro Rd. F2
Williamstown, NJ 08094

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3年前

Well I appreciate your efforts to post the new number in the forms, I am sure you realize it will be lost in the forms within days, if not within hours.

Another strong case for a customer Resource Center.

167 Messages

3年前

I received an email about the new number - but they attached a contact card to the email which immediately makes the email suspect - I use outlook without a preview pane and will not open an email which has an attachment unless I am expecting an attachment from someone I know. Being as it is so easy to spoof who the email is from I did not open it until I saw this post.

A good / bad idea SimpliSafe to attach the contact card.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3年前

My antivirus/ malware software said it was safe so I opened it but you do make a good point

1 Message

3年前

I too thought it might have been a phish e-mail.  Then I sat on hold to Tech support for 20 minutes with no answer (glad I didn't have a real issue) and then sat on hold another 10 minutes trying to get a hold of the setup team (glad I didn't really need help setting it up)...

Then I thought, Hey, lets check the forums...

And after 40 minutes of trying to find out if it was real or not I found it here.

43 Messages

3年前

I also thought the email might be fraudulent, so ignored.  I don't click on email links, but will research the email.   It would be nice if SS had a notice of the change when logging onto you account via computer.

They did have a notice when logging on with the SS updated app.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3年前

God, I hope someone from Simplisafe reads this thread; its too funny. See, no need for a Customer Resource Center. LOL

216 Messages

3年前

I rejected a call at 4:30 this morning from that number because I didn't hear the alarm.  I was in a distant part of my house and didn't have my hearing aid in.  I didn't get the email until 8:00 pm yesterday long after I stopped checking my email.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3年前

@glenbarrington, my apologies. Now this thread does not seem so funny, but is an example how important this information is.

216 Messages

Well, these things happen.  Hopefully, SimpliSafe will get these sorts of messages out earlier.   I'm just glad tomorrow's newspaper's headlines won't read, "Naked, hearing impaired, veteran shot by cops in own home."

1 Message

3年前

I thought it was a scam too!

216 Messages

3年前

A quick Follow-up.

A Simplisafe representative called me this morning and apologized for this mix-up.  I'm sorry, I didn't catch his name, my hearing aid wasn't in when he gave me his name!

But we had an informative, friendly,  and polite conversation about how we could address my hearing problems, and I am completely satisfied with SimpliSafe's response.

One thing that I think everyone needs to know, is to not get rid of the original monitoring number, it will remain as a secondary number and could, theoretically at least, be used for call monitoring.

I will cross post this in one other thread where my problem was discussed.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

3年前

@glenbarrington, great information and thanks for the posting, but even with you putting it in the other thread.... yeah, you guessed it, will be lost in days, if not in hours since Simplisafe continues not to have a Customer Resource Center.  (Sorry SS, but it is worth repeating...lives could depend on it.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Dear SS,...the consensus is that the email from "Dave" was suspicious to 99% of your customers, because gosh, "Dave" hasn't really written or sent an email in months, yes, months.  And, no attachments, never send attachments to your customers.  Ever.
And since you refuse to implement 2FA, there's another weak link to access any link you might have or plan to include in any future emails.

Oh, there's an account for every customer.  There's a place on the accounts to POST A NOTICE, or an ALERT, or a NEWSFLASH or what ever, post it there!  Or, your main site index page!  Or hey, there's this thing called a base station, with OTA firmware update capability- or a phone app msg, or text message.  Or a forum STICKY, with a red icon next to it, yes, it's possible to do that.

Sorry, please do better next time, that's all we ask (well, for this issue anyway).

1 Message

3年前

I agree with the criticism in here. I installed some new devices today and put it in test mode. It's 10 PM now and they called me 7 minutes ago from the new number to tell me they got the signal. I almost ignored it until I looked it up really quick to find out who it was. I thought I screwed something up and the police were being sent or something.

These notices need to be more obvious. Why not have them posted within your mobile application? I eventually found the "notice" e-mail buried along with all of your marketing crap from "Dave". No wonder I ignored it.

292 Messages

3年前

When the change was made, there was a pop-up in the app that indicated that the change was being made.  If I remember correctly, it showed up multiple times.
The information is also listed under the Help & Support tab in the app.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

Call SS (ask for a supervisor) and ask for each available number they have for COPS monitoring, and add them to your phone.  I have both the old and the new in my phone, just in case the transition is going to take awhile (or if it even transitions at all) - haven't had to have them call me in some time, but either way, keep both numbers for now.