davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 5:26 PM

C.O.P.S. Monitoring - Phone Number and Important Info

Hi all,

As always, thanks so much for  choosing SimpliSafe. We wanted to take the opportunity to let you know of a slight change in the dispatch procedure that will affect you.

Our Monitoring Company partner, C.O.P.S. Monitoring, is transitioning to a new phone number, which is:

1-855-693-4911

If you have their number saved on your phone, it would be a good idea to change it now, so you'll know who's calling! Of course, the previous number 1-800-633-2677 will still work for the time being. But all future emergency calls will now go through the new number.

If you have found this post while looking for C.O.P.S. Monitoring's information for permits/registering with your local authorities, that remains the same:

C.O.P.S. Monitoring
1041 Glassboro Rd. F2
Williamstown, NJ 08094

Let us know if you have any further questions!

2 Messages

3年前

Comments removed after Customer Service took care of my issue-good job by them!!
Dave in Reno

1 Message

3年前

Yesterday I ran a test on my system, and got a call from the monitoring company (which I didn't expect but OK.)  I have Hiya on my phone and it identified the caller as 'Bob's Security'.  My phone itself identified the call as Integra Custom Systems.

I just set this system up and was instructed to put the old phone number in my contacts. I ended up here trying to find the correct number. Now I have both in my contacts.

Kiran
This morning I received a c all from  800-633-2677 as I set off the alarm.
According to the Feb 26, 2019 note at the top of this thread, this number was to be temporary and the new COPS number was to be  855-693-4911.  What gives?

221 Messages

3年前

Called from the new number yesterday.

My friend accidentally set off my alarm yesterday and I got a call from the 693-4911 number.  Got it less than a minute after the alarm was tripped!

Is it possible you have both numbers on one entry in your contacts?  I have seen some phones display the contact name and the first number on the contact no matter which of the numbers in the contact is calling.

Scared the crap out of my friend, but I was happy since he effectively tested the alarm and proved it works!

2 Messages

3年前

I just received a call from the monitoring service because I was messing with a flood sensor, and they apparently started blocking caller ID! Not only does this cause a delay in them reaching me (to prevent spam, my phone intercepts the call and requires them to identify themselves before connecting.)

I believe some of my phones are set up to simply reject private callers. I also had previously set up Simplisafe dispatch's (apparently former) phone number to ring my phone even when it was set to quiet. Now the call won't get through in that scenario.

This is totally unacceptable. Is this how the dispatch center is operating now for everyone under all circumstances?

36 Messages

Happened to me yesterday (posted in another thread about this).

Hey, Johnny M, (if you're still at Simplisafe?)  this needs to be addressed ASAP. Completely unacceptable - no other description for it - that the monitoring service has "Unknown number" when calling.

221 Messages

3年前

No it is not.             

As asked in the other thread you posted:  Did you ask them if they were blocking CID, or just observe it? I had an alarm a couple of days ago and the CID showed the 693-4911 number.

221 Messages

3年前

Tested my system last night (also accidentally set off a water alarm), and the call came from the 693-4911.  It showed as "Out of Area", but the number was not blocked.

1 Message

3年前

I got a call this morning from the original 800 number (which was not stored in my phone) and the caller ID said "Bob's Security." I thought it was another robocall ('tis the season). Well, it seems my cat actually set off the alarm, and because I ignored the call, Central Dispatch was already on the phone with local police dispatch by the time I figured out the alarm had indeed been activated. Fortunately, officers were not actually dispatched and all is well. Long story short...keep both numbers in your phone as either one could be used to contact you. I also learned that the system is very efficient. Now, I just need to find a better location for my motion sensors.

2 Messages

3年前

I received a call this week from the Central station from 855-693-4911. It appears that there are at least three numbers from which these calls can come, per my telephone call with the central station today.  They are: 800-633-2677, which is the one they told me at first on the call.  I then asked if there were any others, and the person asked her supervisor and then came back with 888-957-4675.  When I told her the number I had received the call from this week was 855-693-4911, she checked again and said that this also is a number they could call from.  At that point I asked if she could confirm that there were no other numbers, and she put me on hold again and then came back to say that her supervisor said that those were the only ones.  I have separately submitted a technical support request to confirm all possible numbers.  By my not recognizing this week's call, I was not able to check my camera and confirm that the cause was a guest who had arrived earlier than expected.  So, it ended up resulting in a police visit.

2 Messages

3年前

I mis-typed that second number given to me today by the central station - it wasn't 800-548-9508 - rather it was 888-957-4675.  I'm seeing too many numbers this morning for my own good!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

800-548-9508 is Simplisafe's number, NOT Cops Monitoring.

6 Messages

3年前

https://postcodefinder.net/

8 Messages

2年前

I received a call from the 800-633-2677 number at 1:27 pm last Friday.  I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer it.  I did a search for the number and saw it was associated with COPS.  I went to the location where the alarm is installed and found there had been an attempted burglary.  So, it seems the "old" number is still in use.  I was familiar with the "new" number so in the future, I'll know to answer both numbers when I'm called by the monitoring service.

2年前

C.O.P.S. Monitoring phone number change.  Today is 10-20-20; just found this string of responses and your posting.  Honestly, it would be enormously helpful to issue automatic email messages or text messages to subscribers as changes occur.  I really had to dig today and with all that is going on, it was increasingly anxiety producing to have to spend so much time finding such important information.  Call me crazy but we rely on SimpliSafe for security.  Things are a bit suspect now more than ever.  An alert to update my payment method prompted me to the website.  Otherwise, still would have been in the dark.  Please be sure that this concern is moved up to those who can address.

Thank you.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2年前

^ don't count on it.  Sadly, critical issues that affect customers never seem to be a priority.  We've asked for a status/critical issues/OTA release notes page on their website for years.  Guess it's never going to happen.