davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 5:26 PM

C.O.P.S. Monitoring - Phone Number and Important Info

Hi all,

As always, thanks so much for  choosing SimpliSafe. We wanted to take the opportunity to let you know of a slight change in the dispatch procedure that will affect you.

Our Monitoring Company partner, C.O.P.S. Monitoring, is transitioning to a new phone number, which is:

1-855-693-4911

If you have their number saved on your phone, it would be a good idea to change it now, so you'll know who's calling! Of course, the previous number 1-800-633-2677 will still work for the time being. But all future emergency calls will now go through the new number.

If you have found this post while looking for C.O.P.S. Monitoring's information for permits/registering with your local authorities, that remains the same:

C.O.P.S. Monitoring
1041 Glassboro Rd. F2
Williamstown, NJ 08094

Let us know if you have any further questions!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Can I please have the permit information for Ossining, NY? My local permit application renewal is requiring it.

1 Message

Il y a 1 a

We accidently tripped our alarm today around 5:50pm--we waited for monitoring to call and in a few minutes when they didn't call we called them. We never did get through and called 911 to stop an officer from coming out. I tried again a little later but still could not get through. I tried then to get Simpli safe at 888-957-4675 and still waiting for them to answer the phone. First of all we have had this alarm system for years and never had a problem--will you give me your permission to report this on social media--don't know if our system works or not and we pay a monthly fee for this service.
look forward to your response.

Ted Wennberg

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

@Ted, Can you provide more information about the alarm event?  If you accidentally trigger the alarm but are able to disarm the alarm in about 10 seconds, the monitoring company wont call (at least that's how it used to be).  Make sure your contact information is correct in your account, in case your number has changed while you've owned the system.  
When calling the monitoring company, an incoming call will not take priority over an alarm and the possible outgoing call that they need to make for emergency dispatch.  Also, I would only recommend calling 911 for emergencies only.  Calling to discuss possible police dispatch for an alarm you weren't sure was even reported to them would not, in my book, qualify as an emergency for 911.
While calling SimpliSafe may help with your system issues, they are not the monitoring company.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@Ted, hondaman88 is correct  If you cancel the alarm within 30 seconds, you will not get a  call from COPS, the monitoring company. I would suggest you send a test signal from the keypad, check your timeline to confirm it was received. You will then get an automated call you can then hit 1 to acknowledge you got it.

If you must, you can also alarm and then open a window or door with a sensor set to instant trigger. Alarm will sound and wait for your call. Note, this takes away a dispatcher from an actual alarm event but will give you peace of mind.