E

Fri, Jun 18, 2021 8:41 PM

Arming in home mode with a door open...

When arming my alarm system in home mode with a door open the base station says "warning door open" after announcing that the system is armed.
My house is fairly large so I can't always hear the base station but I definitely want to know that I've armed the system with a door open.  I think the app
(which notifies me that I've armed the system) should also warn me that I've armed the system and that there's a door open.  I turned on text notifications
but it doesn't give any indication that I've armed the system with a door open.

I'd appreciate if the app were enhanced, if the base station is warning me, please send that warning to the app also!

Thanks,
/Ed

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

Thanks for the suggestion, Ed!

I've forwarded it to our engineering team for consideration.

(edited)

3 Messages

1 y ago

Thank you so much!!!  I have tried getting this concept through to the phone support but after various attempts I gave up.
It is a subtle thing but IMO very important.

180 Messages

The keypad will indicate you have a door open, but if you are arming the system from your phone or keyfob, I guess you would not know.  Having a notification sent to my phone would be a good improvement.

Some suggestions are really good.  This is one of them.

3 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks, it has been bothering me for a while!

1 Message

1 y ago

I have several comment and concerns: 1. When arming home or away mode, system should warn any of the devices are open before system can be arms. Also it should tell specific devices are open so it can be addressed.
2. When I armed system or entering the armed system there should be reasonable audible beeping that reminds you that you are leaving or disarm the system. I am missing this features the most.
3. is there any way to adjust the camera lens of door bell to view better coverage.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

hello Modhal,

When arming your system in Home or Away Mode, you do already get a warning when an Entry Sensor is open. But that will not prevent the system from continuing to arm - that is intentional, so you can leave windows or doors open if you want to (for example, if you want to keep a window open to let the breeze in while you sleep).

Along with the voice prompt, you'll also get a notification on the Keypad screen with detailed info about each sensor.

The Keypad does also produce a countdown chirp, both while arming (in Away Mode), and when a sensor is triggered in both modes.
If you can't quite hear the Keypad from where you're entering, we also have the Wireless Siren - which can relay countdown chirps and door chimes, as well as the main alarm siren.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security