J

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 1:05 PM

Base Station Blue Light too bright

Is there a system setting to make the blue light on the base station less bright?  I noticed that my newly installed system is very visible through several windows in spite of being properly located away from windows in the center of the house.  It would be far less noticeable from the outside if the light was toned down a bit.  I do realize there is a setting to turn the light off completely, but it would be nice to just dim it to keep the light's functionality working.
Thanks!

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Wrap it in a strip of translucent tape or cloth.

2 Messages

That's a good thought!  Thanks!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Base station light is too bright.  I have the same question about being able to dim the light (not turn it off), but it seems there isn't an available answer.  Hopefully this issue will be addressed in the future.  Unfortunately that doesn't help us now.

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback! We'll make sure to pass this feature request on to our engineering team.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

1 Message

@simplisafe_admin​ So it's been 2 years I guess this isn't going to be fixed.

364 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have my lights turned off so noone gets in and unplugs it!

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

I also need this.  The light is much too bright at night in my small house.  I don't want to lose the functionality of the light by turning it off completely (although dandyDon has a point to consider...).

1 Message

Il y a 6 m

I agree I need this feature too

1 Message

Il y a 1 m

Please SimpliSafe - address this issue.  The base station is too too too bright.  There has to be a fix to this problem.  I want the light on - but not so bright.  Please help.