drewhagen's profile

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 10:26 PM

Cameras to stream on Nest Hub

One feature I’m really interested in is the ability to see the Doorbell input as well live footage from other SimpliSafe cameras on my Google Nest Hub, much like you could with Arlo, Wyze cameras or others mentioned here:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9137164?hl=en

I get that SimpliSafe has competed with Nest, but with Nest Secure gone now, it feels like SimpliSafe has a big opportunity here. No option in the market seems to provide a holistic security system with 24/7 pro monitoring, while also being able to stream input on my Nest Hub devices. That has me uncertain what to proceed with purchasing.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 5 m

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! Right now we're really focused on developing a closed system. We don't want to open up sharing video specifically with other companies, or at least not yet.

But it would certainly be an interesting callout for our Product team if we could get a lot of interest in this thread!

1 Message

@davey_d​ as a customer, i would want my system To be controlled  by one home the home Automation app. And buyer don’t want to. Fill trapped in one eco system.  It would be better if these feature provided. I know many of my friends ditching simplisafe just because there is no good integration with one of these apps. Especially camera should have been Integrated with These apps aa they provide portal or dedicated screen such as google hub to control home automation

(edited)

1 Message

@davey_d​ I would absolutely be interested in this feature. Being able to tie SimpliSafe video streaming into Google Nest Hub would be huge upgrade/feature addition, and make system monitoring more user-friendly for the less tech-savvy.

12 Messages

Il y a 5 m

Sounds like a BRILLIANT idea!  Open up Simplisafe to display devices that exist in the Google Home app.  Is Simplisafe going to participate in the Matter scheme?

1 Message

Il y a 4 m

I love my SimpliSafe system and the fact that it it is compatible with google home/assistant, however the biggest drawback is that I can't stream my SimpliSafe camera with the other Goggle Home Cameras I have. This would be an awesome update.

1 Message

Il y a 2 m

I'm pretty annoyed this isn't already a thing. Seems like the bare minimum for a smart camera. I get they are different systems but Simplisafe advertises that it works with Google. I would assume that would mean fully works not the current barely functional state it is in. 

1 Message

Il y a 1 m

I hope they really do plan to look at this.

1 Message

Il y a 1 m

I just bought a Simplisafe outdoor video and security system.  One of the reasons I bought this was to display it on my Nest Hub Max.  I think this thread implies that it will NOT work.  That is unfortunate as it checked all the other boxes on my list.  Now I will need to reevaluate before I set it up....thx

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@Mssecure​ unfortunately no, integration with smart displays is currently not one of our advertised features.

2 Messages

Charge more, I'll pay!

1 Message

Il y a 1 m

Integration with Nest Hub would be amazing. Could likely still require disarming through the simplisafe ecosystem only, but the capability to see a live feed of your doorbell or security cam on a Nest Hub would be so useful. 

1 Message

@jhatche2​ That's exactly what I need right now. Would love to have a constant feed from my cameras.

2 Messages

Il y a 2 d

I agree, 2nd year as a Simplisafe Customer, PLEASE allow viewing my Simplisafe Camera from my Google Home App or Nest Hub display!!!!