17reasons's profile

Fri, Jan 7, 2022 12:22 AM

Feature request - Ability to schedule motion detection functionality on wireless outdoor cameras

I'd like to request a new feature that allows users to toggle a camera's "Motion detection" functionality on/off on a schedule. I've found that my outdoor wireless cameras run out of battery more often than necessary because there's no way to automatically toggle off motion detection during days/times when we know we'll be home and going in/out of the monitored entrances throughout the day. 

Currently the only way to control this is manually--by opening the app every morning to toggle motion detection off, then doing the same to toggle motion detection back on in the evening. 

This new feature could save users a lot of battery charge and maintenance and cut down on unnecessary notifications. I suspect it could also be a boon for Simplisafe, as it means potentially reducing the amount of data storage required for account users who opt into auto-scheduling. 

2 Messages

2分前

Any updates on the multiple requests to add camera motion on off schedules?

2 Messages

2分前

This question is for the SimpliSafe Software Dev Team, have your customers multiple feature requests to add camera scheduling to your app resulted in live development at SimpliSafe?