J

Fri, Mar 29, 2019 1:42 PM

In Development

Multiple Users

Is there any way to have multiple log-ins to the same account? If not, is there a way to send suggestions to SimpliSafe engineers?

2 Messages

3 m ago

Agreed. This feature alone missing from Simplisafe is going to make me switch to Abode soon. This is ridiculous that Simplisafe hasn't done this or really done any innovation recently that I can tell such as allowing to automate auto arms or disarms at a specific time, geofencing triggers, etc. Making me feel that Simplisafe doesn't actually care about their users cares and wants.

2 Messages

@Ifjom​ I suggest you don't switch to Abode. I went from Wyze to Abode and now Simplisafe. Abode is a great automation hub for OTHER smart devices but the motion sensors, cameras etc are garbage and their customer support is nonexistent.

3 Messages

2 m ago

This needs to be moved further up the developement priority list.

2 Messages

2 m ago

I just got my Simplisafe system set up, and I really like it.  However, it is an absolute must that you add multiple users.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Multi user is a must

2 Messages

2 m ago

Please add this functionality!

1 Message

2 m ago

We are in 2022 and here is a security company that tells you that you need to share your username and password with somebody. Is this a joke?

We've had SimpliSafe for about two years and it's REALLY annoying; practically unusable for my wife. So much so that I am considering another system.

4 Messages

2 m ago

This really is a disappointment & shocked that a product like this in this mature stage has not incorporated this feature, as it seems so basic for security. Bare minimum should be 50 different uses with different codes.  It would be nice to have several different levels of authority for those users.

15 Messages

@stevebacklund​ much the same here, coupled with very limited integration options.

Looking to switch to an Ajax alarm.

4 Messages

2 m ago

It is really disappointing that this is not already a part of this product on something that is as mature as this is in its lifecycle. At bare minimum, it should allow 50 different users each with their own code with their name assigned to it to identify who is entering or leaving the premises. You should also be able to have several different levels of authority assignable to each one. It would be nice where you could make the individual access only good at certain times and/or days individually. It would also be nice if there was automatic amount of time the code was good for before expiring.

5 Messages

2 m ago

Our application for small business. we have different group people come to work place to disarms or arms when leave. Some people need to open back door or access warehouse at certain time slot, some people need to work night shift. some people work MWF, some people work Tuesday.  the office is closed during weekend or holiday, no one should able to access and disarm except admin.  No one should disarm and access work place if it's not his working time slot.

Share admin user name and password to these people is really bad idea!!!!!!

3 Messages

2 m ago

I would definitely like to see multiusers on one account, the sooner the better!

3 Messages

2 m ago

I would definitely like to see multiusers on one account, the sooner the better!

1 Message

2 m ago

just bought simplisafe and was googling to find out how to add another user to my account and found this thread. What a disappointment.  

2 Messages

2 m ago

Please add soon

2 Messages

1 m ago

This article is a little ambiguous. If you're asking if you can view cameras/status/settings from multiple devices simultaneously the answer is YES!!!!  I have logged in all my family members on their devices and included my apple computer--they can ALL view the doorbell and outside cameras at the same time and you only need to log them in ONCE with the main users name and password.  That seems sufficient for me--I understand the dilemma but, for those that think you have to wait for a software/firmware update to enable multiple devices--you do NOT need to.  You can get along fine without it IMHO.

3 Messages

@cpwusaf33​ 

I have tried this, and it keeps logging out on my family member’s phone. This means I receive the two factor login pin on my phone, and if I don’t happen to be able to give it to her in time, no good. It is odd, all my other devices stay logged in, even my kindle

3 Messages

@cpwusaf33​ That isn't at all what we are wanting to do. We want the ability to delegate access to another user's account. Then that access can also be revoked if necessary. For example, I have two properties under my account, one is a family lakehouse that I share with other family members. I would like to give access just to that property without giving them access to everything and all the cameras I own.

3 Messages

@cpwusaf33​ Your current workflow is how SimpliSafe is intended to work currently, yes.

The issue that is at hand in this thread is that you only have a primary account that can update, adjust, remove, and generally manage all of your SimpliSafe systems. This is a big security risk. For example, what happens if a malicious actor gets access to a child’s phone, views your cameras for an opportune time access your home, and disables your security system for access.

The desired workflow would be to have 1, maybe 2, individuals that have complete access to the system., while you can have moderated user access for individuals that can only view cameras, or view security system status. This is a basic feature of any computer operating system, management software, and most security systems. It is a glaring absence in the SimpliSafe system.

4 Messages

@cpwusaf33​ this is not at all what this topic is about. This is to give different people certain levels of access to your security system. For instance, you could give access to your cleaning person so that they have their own individual code to get in and it would just allow them to enters your place during certain times or certain days and not have the ability to add anybody else or change. This would allow you to see who is coming and going and how long they were there. you could give a temporary code to a service person who needed to come in when you weren’t there. you could give a code to a neighbor or relative for them to be able to come in while you weren’t there for a purpose, but then you would be able to see when they went in, etc. many different examples. Having the ability to add 50 people with different levels of access Would normally be considered pretty basic in a security system. If you get a Schlage door lock, it gives you all of that capability. 

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

@cslats what you want to do is add more contacts to Multi-Factor authentication, so that if anyone needs to log in, they can get the verification text to their own phone. You can find the setting in the SimpliSafe app, under Menu > Manage Account > Multi-Factor Authentication.

1 Message

1 m ago

Absolute requirement to have multi sign ins for a single account. Had I realized that this was not available on SimpliSafe I would have picked a different system. This is such a common feature when various people need access a joint account that it never occurred to me that SimpliSafe would not have.

Bill

1 Message

1 m ago

Fix ASAP. How many owners have only one user? This is a no brainer. 

(edited)