J

Wed, Jan 9, 2019 3:09 AM

SimpliCam Feature Request - Option to Rotate the Camera View

I have 3 SimpliCams, one of which is located in my garage hanging upside down (it just fits the space better that way).   It would be nice if I had an option to rotate the camera's view from within the SimpliSafe app.  Right now I have to look at the image upside when cycling through all my SimpliCams, or I have to rotate my phone when I get to that particular camera.  Adding this feature wouldn't be difficult for the software developers to implement at all.

PS - Not sure if this has been asked before, I apologize if it has... (didn't there use to be a search function in the forums???)

44 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Your best bet would be to purchase a SimpliCam Outdoor Kit.  These allow the camera to be mounted anywhere with double faced tape or screws, which are provided, and you can rotate the camera on a ball swivel in any direction you want.  Just call SS to order it.  I just got mine and it's pretty nice - they shipped it out immediately.  $19.99 and shipping was free.

Il y a 3 y

I fully agree, the app setup should let you rotate to allow it to be right side up no matter how you mount it.
The outdoor kit, noted as a reply, makes even more reason for this.
With the ballmount, you can mount it from so many positions, but I am getting a crick in the neck from looking at my video sideways :-)
It's the rotation of the video we need in the app :-)

Love SimpliSafe!

1 Message

Il y a 3 y

+1.
This is a necessary software feature. Hardware has limitations in practice.
Please log this request.

1 Message

Il y a 3 y

+1.   Please implement this feature

Il y a 2 y

Absolutely need this feature.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Came here looking how to do this. Kind of disappointed that it's not an option. Should be a fairly simple feature...

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

I love how, without knowing how a product is designed (the internals), and probably without any experience in the relevant field(s), people can judge that their desired improvement is "fairly simple" to implement.

4 Messages

Il y a 2 y

No longer waiting - just flip the camera bracket by Remove two plastic caps on the camera bracket, then unscrew the stew and rotate the plastic back plate 180 degrees.
Mine is connected to the ceiling.

2 Messages

Il y a 4 m

3 years later and SimpliSafe still hasn’t added this feature? It would take an IT guy about 20 minutes to add this feature and throw it on the next update, smh

2 Messages

Il y a 4 m

3 years later and SimpliSafe still hasn’t added this feature? It would take an IT guy about 20 minutes to add this feature and throw it on the next update, smh

1 Message

Il y a 3 m

I desperately needed this update Simply safe if you are still listening. 

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

@vijju7299​ if you have an Outdoor Camera, the option is already available in the Camera Settings section.

Unfortunately, it's not available for the SimpliCam Indoor Camera.