Outdoor Cam and Video Doorbell Owners - We Need You!
Do you have a video doorbell or outdoor camera? Our engineering team needs your help with gathering data to develop a potential new feature.
What are we looking for?
Videos from your Video Doorbell Pro or Wireless Outdoor Camera that captures package deliveries.
What should your video include?
- Your mail carrier walking up to your residence with a package in hand and setting it down
- The delivered package at rest
- If possible, the delivery vehicle
What qualifies as a package?
- Food deliveries - pizza boxes, brown sacks, grocery bags, etc.
- Mail! - any sort of envelope (small, manila, etc.), boxes (UPS, FedEx, Amazon Prime and bags)
- If you are unsure, we invite you to still upload!
How should you upload?
- Open the SimpliSafe app, and head over to your Timeline.
- Find the event with the appropriate recording, and play it in Full Screen.
- Tap the three dots ( . . . ) on the top right, and select Download video. This will save the recording to your camera roll.
- Head back to this thread, and upload your video by using this Google Form.
- We are NOT looking for the carrier’s perspective or point of views beyond a doorbell or outdoor camera.
- We are ONLY looking for a video doorbell’s perspective or outdoor camera perspective of a person delivering a package.
One of our design researchers, Ameenah, will be watching this thread with me. We may not be able to answer all of your questions (we have to keep some things hush-hush!), but we can help if you have trouble with any part of this process. We’re looking forward to getting some great data from our community. The more we get, the better!