davey_d's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Fri, Dec 10, 2021 5:46 PM

Outdoor Cam and Video Doorbell Owners - We Need You!

Hi folks!

Do you have a video doorbell or outdoor camera? Our engineering team needs your help with gathering data to develop a potential new feature. 

What are we looking for?

Videos from your Video Doorbell Pro or Wireless Outdoor Camera that captures package deliveries.

What should your video include?

• Your mail carrier walking up to your residence with a package in hand and setting it down
  • The delivered package at rest
  • If possible, the delivery vehicle 

What qualifies as a package?

• Food deliveries - pizza boxes, brown sacks, grocery bags, etc.
  • Mail! - any sort of envelope (small, manila, etc.), boxes (UPS, FedEx, Amazon Prime and bags)
    • If you are unsure, we invite you to still upload!

How should you upload?

1. Open the SimpliSafe app, and head over to your Timeline.
  2. Find the event with the appropriate recording, and play it in Full Screen.
  3. Tap the three dots ( . . . ) on the top right, and select Download video. This will save the recording to your camera roll.
  4. Head back to this thread, and upload your video by using this Google Form.

Note:

• We are NOT looking for the carrier’s perspective or point of views beyond a doorbell or outdoor camera. 
  • We are ONLY looking for a video doorbell’s perspective or outdoor camera perspective of a person delivering a package.

One of our design researchers, Ameenah, will be watching this thread with me. We may not be able to answer all of your questions (we have to keep some things hush-hush!), but we can help if you have trouble with any part of this process. We’re looking forward to getting some great data from our community. The more we get, the better!

26 Messages

Il y a 8 m

Not wanting to be a smart aleck, but isn't this what an outdoor camera is supposed to do? Mine sure doesn't. It doesn't see me walking up my walk until 10 ft away. I have two of them and am waiting for some kind of update before the 60 days are up. 

26 Messages

They came with v 1.4.4.262. Never saw anything about an update. Spent about 40 min on the phone with a tech. He suggested I move the cameras which I did. no difference. I just uploaded two videos one my wife leaving, the second was her returning. The second never showed her until was entering the door. Not seen on side walk, not seen when car pulled into driveway. Nothing.  Expecting UPS today but don't think the cams will see him.

26 Messages

If I could see 30 ft out, I would be happy.

26 Messages

@captain11 

May I ask what version you have? Maybe a downgrade is the answer. And how would you initiate an update check?

Pete

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

Il y a 8 m

Davey, I just uploaded two videos, one from my front outdoor cam and one from my front doorbell pro. Both are different UPS deliveries. I used my desktop (much easier to search the timeline with a bit more screen real estate).

If you still want more, let us know!

78 Messages

Il y a 8 m

Got a way to get them without signing into google?

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

@krstrick I was not logged in, just click on the submit form, added the videos (downloaded them from SS site and saved to my desktop). Very easy.

78 Messages

Negative ghostrider...

"Google Form" link takes me straight to a google log in, choices are log in, create account ....

I see no option to bypass sign in.

(you sure you were not signed in?)

Not signing into the evil empire to share video - I got 4 pretty good ones ...

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 6 m

Hey folks, just wanted to update and let y'all know that we had a technical issue - which is why this thread disappeared for a while. But now it's back, and we're ready for more submissions!