hannaisntclever's profile

Sat, Mar 19, 2022 8:46 PM

Part needed

I broke the tailpiece adapter on our smart lock. Specifically, the red one.  I've contacted customer service and gotten the wrong part mailed to me. I can only do it over the phone, whenever I try to email ( to include a picture of the specific part I need) I am told to call.

Then I call, and am sent the wrong part.

I have scoured the internet with no luck. Anyone know where I can get a hold of this tiny plastic piece without buying a whole new lock??? 

35 Messages

5 m ago

If you comment on this post you can paste an image of the part here, and then the community can possibly advise you on how to get the part.

3 Messages

5 m ago

Not my photo, but it is these pieces. Well, I only need the red one. It is a smartlock tailpiece adapter

(edited)

35 Messages

5 m ago

On thing you can try is to simply repair the red tailpiece part using superglue/cyanoacrylic glue.  With most plastics the bond actually melts the plastic and is as strong or stronger than the original plastic itself.

3 Messages

@Jim​ I haven't tried that, but its worth a shot since it's already broken. I will give it a shot. Thanks for the idea!

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

5 m ago

@hannaisntclever So sorry to hear that you had trouble. Looks like our Support agent just requested the wrong part for you. If you give us a call again at 800-548-9508 and ask for replacement "Smart Lock Adapters", we can send you a new set!