H

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 3:01 AM

Absolutely pathetic customer service

It's hard to even call it customer service when there really is none.  No matter when you call, no one picks up. I was on hold for 45 minutes during operating hours, when the phone just hung up on me. This is especially bad for a security alarm system where literal lives and property are at stake. Unless this is fixed, I will go out of my way to tell people to choose another company's system.

326 Messages

2 y ago

My Simplisafe experience has been mostly positive.  The few times I have had to call customer support, I've actually gotten someone quickly.  I call right when they open, though.

Based on the numerous complaints and some issues that I had in the beginning, I don't jump right up to recommend the company to anyone.  What I tell them is that it is a good company to use if you have a high tolerance for poor customer service and can handle troubleshooting most issues alone.  If someone I'm talking to is the type of person who is not technically adept and needs to talk to support every time they do something, then SS is NOT the right company to go with.  Their lack of support for their product renders it useless for individuals that need tech support.

I bought during the Black Friday sale last year, when their support is impossible to get in touch with and usually just hangs up on you when you do get them.  I was assured by people on this group that support got better after the holidays and while the idea of support having to improve after the holidays is complete BS, I felt better about staying with my purchase.  Now it appears that support never actually gets better and that just doesn't sit well with me.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

^ I think only a very few might have felt confident that support would get better after the holidays.  They have gone downhill considerably regarding holidays, at least since I've been an SS user.  Every year just gets worse.  I also don't believe they can use the Covid excuse for phone hangups anymore, nor the long wait times.

I'm pretty sure SS has seen the numerous reviews on the net for the horrible customer service.  They don't appear to want to correct it.  Which is pretty sad.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

2 y ago

@coltmaster1  I do wonder if support will get better with the new call center in NC. As someone else pointed out, placing it in the same time zone as their existing center in Boston may not be a good leading indicator. :-)

326 Messages

2 y ago

The hold times are terrible.  But setting that aside, in all of the years that I've called various customer service centers for help, I have never seen a company that has the hang up record that these guys do.  Waiting on hold for 45 minutes is terrible.  Waiting on hold for 45 minutes only to be disconnected is inexcusable.  I don't understand why it happens so frequently.  I don't know why it is something that cannot be fixed.

They have a devious business model.  Sell someone hundreds of dollars of security equipment and hope that it doesn't fail within the first sixty days.  After that, they have your money and can give no support at all.

I like my system and am happy with how it performs (except for those pesky "smart lock not responding" messages) and I dread the day when something fails and I need actual support.  That will likely be the time when I have to sell the parts and get a different security system and start from scratch.

10 Messages

2 y ago

SS is currently private and so owned by its VC investors. They are not looking to build a great company - they are looking to generate a great return for them. This means they are looking to build a fast growing, profitable company that can then be sold or taken public, and then cash out.

Growth: focus on sales, promotions, PR, etc. Simply get the product in customers' hands, no matter how. Profitable: keep costs low, for example, have as few CS staff as possible so that it's "almost" too painful, and mollify the really squeaky wheels with free replacement gear. Why? Don't hire people who you have to pay and provide benefits for week after week; instead of real CS, give equipment that is a one-time cost of very inexpensive electronics.

1 Message

2 y ago

As someone stated earlier, SIMPLISUCKS should be the name of the cust service dept. What a waste. This company has gone considerably downhill in the past few years

SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS
SIMPLISUCKS