worthing's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Tue, Oct 12, 2021 5:12 PM

App Logon Problems, Forum Logon Problems - When Will These Be Addressed?

@SimpliSafe,

It's been at least 3 days since some have reported people are unable to log into the official forums with some browsers because the logon button directs to the incorrect page. (And in that time there's been an obvious drop in the quantity of posts/comments on these forums!) It's been almost 2 weeks since some have reported issues using the mobile app or website due to different errors.

Both of these issues have come up in the forums, repeatedly. I have yet to see any official acknowledgement from SimpliSafe that these bugs exist, much less that they are being worked on. People are frustrated here. People are frustrated over on https://www.reddit.com/r/simplisafe/ as well.

To be blunt, why the hell haven't we seen any official acknowledgement of these issues and an assurance these issues are being worked on by someone? I can genuinely say that the engagement I've seen in the last few weeks, the quicker responses, etc. have been positive improvements but this has reset that goodwill meter back to zero for me and you're quickly headed for negative territory.

Please reply to this comment and let us know a) that you understand your customers are having issues and b) that you are working on these issues and c) if you have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed or an official workaround will be in place until they are fixed.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

Hi Worthing,

I'm looking into the forum issue right now. The problem with logging in, and posting, might be related. And both might be an unfortunate side effect to upgrades to the main website. I'll keep you updated.

As for the app issue - are we talking about the Certificate issue that Shiherlis posted about last week? We've filed a ticket with the devs that handle our authentication, and we're hoping to have an answer soon.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

Hey folks,

Heard back from our dev team pretty quick on this one, and it seems that I was right, and it was an issue with the main website. We've made a couple of fixes that should do the trick, but if you're still seeing errors with trying to log in or reply to posts, let me know!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

10 m ago

@Johnny M sorry, but the site is still having major issues, at least for me.  For the past 5 days I have been unable to mostly log into the forums and got the good old "Page not found" message with your default page after trying to log in.

What has worked for me is using FireFox in a private session. (sometimes). For Edge and Chrome, I log in, asked to authenticate, I do it and then get the 404 error.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

Alright, thanks for keeping me updated. The website changes might take a little bit of time to get to you. It might also help to clear out your browser cache in case an old version of the site is still on your computer.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Gotcha. Clearing out cache, again. Also, please respond to my  new thread in other area. Thanks!

Update: Hadn't cleared cache since yesterday, did so again and all browsers now working perfectly!  Thank you Johnny M.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

10 m ago

@Johnny,

I was able to log in via Chrome on WIndows 10 for the first time in ~4 days at ~10:20AM EST so it's possible the fix has been applied and propagated out to all the necessary systems. This is just one data point however so I wouldn't take this to mean that everyone else is also working.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

10 m ago

FYI, Chrome on Android, which worked before, is now pointing to the "something is missing page". So to recap

Chrome on Windows - didn't work, now working
FIrefox on Windows - worked before, still working
Chrome on Android - worked before, now doesn't work

Let me know if there's any other testing I can do to help.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

Hey Worthing,

So the trouble with Chrome on Android is new. I'll check in with our devs about it.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

10 m ago

@Davey,

Thanks for staying on top of this. :)

4 Messages

10 m ago

The android app isn't connecting! I called SimpliSafe and they said that they aren't supporting android phones anymore.  This is ridiculous as most of the phones out there are android.  They advised me to use the web to check up on my system .  But, how will i be informed when  motion is detected?  Please fix this issue!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

10 m ago

@polymerman I believe you were advised wrong. My Pixel 4a and the Simplisafe phone app is working just fine.  There is no way Simplisafe would "simply" walk away from the largest phone operatiing system in the world.  It is true they are not supporting anyting earlier than Android 7.

I would call back in and talk to another agent. If you get the same response (which I doubt) ask for a supervisor. Please post your outcome here if you get a chance

Have a great weekend!

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

@polymerman,

We sincerely apologize for the incorrect info. I've already forwarded your feedback to our Support leadership. You're right, the majority of the smartphone market is indeed Android, and we absolutely do still support it.

As the Captain says, our minimum requirement is Android 7 or higher, which if I recall is available on devices released as far back as 2016.

- Davey D.
Community Development Manager
SimpliSafe Home Security