S

Mon, Sep 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Auto Arm

I apologize if this topic is already posted somewhere I can't seam to find it, but please direct me to it to I can UP VOTE. I would very much like to see an auto arm function built into the UI.  95% of other alarm systems have this feature built in. I don't want to setup a home hub or purchase additional hardware for this feature, it should be a part of Simplisafe's native features. Thanks!

2 Messages

Il y a 2 m

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. It is a huge absence, especially for those that travel to different time zones.  Other systems allow multiple programs for different situations, like vacation, workweek, etc. . .  and I assumed it was standard in the industry.  This is a huge absence in my opinion and may force me to go back to ADT.

Il y a 1 m

Currently there is no option to scheduled home mode on and off.

t

There is a reminder to set it off, but it’s of less, use since user have to manually on and off every time.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Please enchance scheduled functionality

I agree this enhanced badly needed.

1 Message

Il y a 19 d

This is stupid. At least auto arm makes sense. I could see a hesitancy for auto disarm, but auto arm is a fail safe. I will be cancelling service as a result of this lack of response to customer needs. Been a long time customer, I asked about this years ago and now Ring system is in the mail. 

(edited)

1 Message

Il y a 19 d

Auto arm is needed. Misleading that SimpliSafe doesn't mention this in their specs or marketing. With our busy household who has time to stop and look and set the alarm every night? Ridiculous. I'll wait a bit longer for this feature to be available, like it is on most other security systems, and if it doesn't show up soon I'll be cancelling. We need to get the word out to prospective buyers that this major feature is missing in SimpliSafe.

1 Message

Il y a 10 d

I can't believe that this is still not a feature. I would have never switched if I knew that you could not schedule the alarm.

3 Messages

Il y a 10 d

The response from simplisafe is a joke, "our philosophy" what about the philosophy of your customers? Adding the option allows choice for people with different philosophies than you.

(edited)

7 Messages

Il y a 7 d

I agree that this is a feature that should absolutely be available.  It has been offered on every home alarm system I have ever used in the past and is offered on current competitive brands.  My wife and I are retired and I have to admit there there have been more than several times when we go to bed and forget to arm our system.  Reminders are just skirting the real issue.  We are often in a room in which we either don't have a smart assistant or are far enough away from the base station that we can't hear it.

Simplisafe why do you resist what your users want? In my opininon there is no reason not to offer it.  If a user doen't want to enable the the feature, then they don't have to.  Freedom of choice  - use it or don't!  But please, at least offer it Simplisafe.

(edited)

3 Messages

Il y a 4 d

After not having the option to schedule the alarm, and then unable to activate service due to faulty website, or issue with their credit card processing, bogus error message "check internet" when trying to sign up, I finally did an online chat to discuss my issues. I was connected to an agent, but then no response in the chat for 4min. I ended chat, boxed up the product and returned/exchange for a Ring alarm system. Ring is substantially better than simplisafe, not even close. Cheaper monthly, more home automation options and cameras, ability to schedule the alarm enable and disable. Seems like Ring has a better philosophy when it comes to home security...