B

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:54 PM

Beware

I purchased Simpli Safe for my business 3 years ago.  I am having issues with my system and tried for over an hour to get someone to pick up the phone today. I realize most companies are working from their homes, but they have to have more reliable support.  You wait on hold listening to their music and then once it rings to a person you hear nothing and then moments later the call disconnects.  This has happened multiple times to me in just the last hour.    Then when I hit the sales number (to buy a system) magically it does connect and I can talk to someone, but then have a bad connection with them where you hear every other word....but what i did hear is the connection cards inside their units are no longer being support by T-Mobile for connecting...Wait, you're telling me my system which I'm paying for no longer works and with the rioting and looting going on throughout LA, i don't really have a system that can talk to the monitoring station.  Yep!  I asked why they didn't send a new unit or notify me and Cici (the rep) tells me we have to call in once the connection becomes weak. Really.  Bad customer service.  I have to call you because the system you sold me doesn't now work becuase of something to do with T-Mobile.  Just beware of this.  I'm sure if you are buying a new system now, you'll be ok until several yrs from now when they do the same thing and don't let you know.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Yes, SS has never been really up front about the new cell modules (SIM cards) - they are now using Verizon modules, and SS2 users should call in to get the new 4G compatible verizon modules, they also have to be activated by SS.  Apparently, some SS3 systems also will need them, but it's never been stated by SS which SS3 users need to have them replaced, assuming those with suddenly bad connections or those with prior tmobile SIM cards in their modules.  Some of us have asked SS to post notices about such things, but they never do.

At one point, we assumed (wrongly) that SS would notify all users who would require the new modules.  Of course that didn't happen, and users aren't aware unless their systems aren't working, or their modules have been replaced but SS didn't activate them.

The phone disconnect issues have been going on for months, and prior to the COVID19 issues.  It's anyone's guess if SS will ever get a handle on it;

Il y a 2 y

Another BEWARE:

I have been waiting over two months for a full refund. Spoke to customer service: "Oh, it's because you paid by paypal...we'll have to send you a check. It'll be 6-8 weeks." This is NOT what the return label email stated: "Paypal purchase: Refund will post the same day the refund processes."

We are at 8 weeks...still no check.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 2 y

^ Yep, they have a pretty shoddy return process, also going on for....a couple years at least.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I found that out myself as i called them up about 2 weeks ago to order more sensors and as she was looking up my account she says oh, we need to send you a new Verizon module as you have the old Vodafone which i got and installed with no problems but if i was not ordering anything who would have told me? I would probably never would have fou d out as ours is always hooked up to wifi and never uses the cell unless power or wifi failure. They need to do better

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have a Vodafone module.  I just checked.  I just got this thing in December.  I would have thought that they knew this was coming and would have sent me one with a correct module.

I still have the replacement base that I got from them in an attempt to fix my issues with locks not responding.  I was thinking of just sending it back and keeping the old one because I really don't think it will fix anything and it will be a huge pain to move all 30+ sensors over to a new base.  Now I don't know what to do.

Thing is, I don't want to go to Verizon.  I have a Verizon cell phone and their service is terrible along the front range of Colorado.