D

Mon, Jan 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Billing platform issues - card cannot be billed unless re entered every month

We have been customers for years.  All of the sudden last year, we get an email every month that our payment couldnt process and we need to re enter the card info.

"We recently attempted to bill your monthly Alarm Monitoring fee to your credit card on file and unfortunately the credit card could not be processed."

We were told in November that it was a known issue, and a new platform was rolled out that would solve the problem?

Who elese is having this issue?

Every time we re enter the card info and the payment processes shortly after, no other vendors have this issue with our card.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

I had issues a few months ago when attempting to change CC info to update the expiration date.  Took 3 times, still no resolution, called SS support, was told by rep they couldn't do it online, (huh??), purchased a sensor with her on the phone, she charged the CC, of course it went through just fine, but next time I tried another purchase, it would never update my exp date on the card.

They know they have issues with their system, both with users trying to update CC info and billing problems, this is more than just an annoying inconvenience to their customers, it's also a security risk if the server has a bug or it's open to some form of exploit.

3 y ago

Wish I had known this before I submitted a card and ordered. I cannot edit a thing in my account and was auto signed up for premium monitoring when I chose standard. Can't believe that is an accident.
Has there been any company effort to correct this?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

^ Have you recently received your system, activated and are you currently on the 24.99 monitoring plan?  Have you called SS to inquire about it? (this is the first I've ever heard that a customer chose the standard monitoring plan at the ordering process but was "auto signed up for" and charged for the interactive plan instead).  They need to be aware of this, so call them to ask about how that happened and have them downgrade your plan to the standard if that is what you want.

4 Messages

2 y ago

Still having the same issue, no response from SS other than they think it will be fixed by "the next bill' which is what I get every month.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

@dfoxwe  what did the agent say? Did you ask to speak with a supervisor?

2 y ago

We are having the same issue with having to reenter the card info every month.  This has been going on for almost a year.  Spoke with customer service again this morning.  They said they would give us 60 days free service and "hopefully" by then the problem will be fixed.  I'm not holding my breath.  Will cancel the service if the problem is not resolved.