M

Thu, May 7, 2020 8:49 AM

Camera Quality

I purchased two SS3 cameras in April of 2018. The video quality is sub-par and it lags pretty bad. When I try to view live video, it constantly tells me the camera is offline, or it goes offline in the middle of watching it. If I paid for video recording, it would probably be pointless. I have excellent internet speed and I have a camera from another manufacturer that I very rarely have any problems with, so it's undoubtably the sub-par SimpliSafe camera quality. Anyways, I was just wondering if there have been any upgrades to the cameras over the last two years. If I purchased a new one, would it be exactly the same as the two I purchased in 2018?

Il y a 2 y

Anyone??
Have there been any upgrades to the cameras over the last two years? If I purchased a new one, would it be exactly the same as the two I purchased in April 2018?

326 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I have the same issues that you do and my cameras are only a few months old.  They're good enough for the use they're intended for, but there are glitches for sure.
It's so frustrating! I posted in a different forum and they said that there have not been any updates. They noted that there is a 3 year warranty, but the cameras aren't broken, they just don't perform well.