J

Sat, May 30, 2020 5:24 PM

Can't cancel monitoring - they keep hanging up on me!

I've been trying to cancel the monitoring service for weeks and the customer service people keep hanging up on me as soon as I state I want to cancel!  At this point my only alternative seems to be to cancel the credit card!  I've never experience such poor customer service!

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

Say you want to buy 5 complete systems.  I'll bet they don't hang up on you then  :-)

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

Say you want to buy 5 complete systems.  I'll bet they don't hang up on you then  :-)

Now before we start building those systems, I want to cancel my monitoring on my current system.  Done?  Oh wait, I no longer need any more systems  :-)

326 Messages

2 y ago

Contact your credit card company and tell them to stop paying.  Tell them what's happening.

Go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint.  They have an A+ BBB rating and they value that.  They will be in touch with you pretty quickly.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/boston/profile/burglar-alarm-systems/simplisafe-inc-0021-129235

While you are there, review the product and service.

There are some companies that simply won't communicate well with you unless they are threatened.  SS appears to be one of those companies.  The only way to get companies like this to work with you is to expose their poor behavior for all the world to see.  They have had these issues with their phones disconnecting frequently in the six months that I've been with them and it appears to go back a lot further than that.  When their products work, they're a good company.  When something goes wrong, watch out because it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

^ I haven't looked at their BBB page in awhile, but after looking tonite, it seems nothing has changed.  What is truly appalling is not refunding customers for up to, and beyond 90 days.  Really, SS?  No one on the planet pulls that crap except you. (the "we can't credit your credit card, we'll send you a check", and only when the customer initiates and then has to follow through multiple times for months on end.)