P

Thu, Sep 17, 2020 3:30 PM

Door/Window Sensor adhesive not good

On installation I found that every door sensor's adhesive wasn't worth a hoot. Every one of the sensors fell down thereby activating the alarm. For those sensors that I could mount to a wood surface I went ahead and screwed them into the frame. The others are sitting on metal door or window frames and had to be adjusted by using a double sided adhesive tape covering the whole back of the sensor to assure it was secure and would stay in place. Simplisafe sensors come with a very small amount of double sided adhesive that simply doesn't work. False alarms were inevitable.

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi @plucksandclucks,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with your adhesive strips that came with your system. When installing any devices using the adhesive strips, remember to first clean the door or window so that there is a good surface for it to adhere to. Then press it firmly in place for 30 seconds. If you still have issues with the sensors not adhering properly, it's possible that you may have received a bad batch of adhesive strips with your order in which case I recommend contacting our Support Team to see if they can help you out.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

um, I think that all of the no-name knockoffs for the original 3M adhesives currently being shipped qualify as a "bad batch of adhesive strips"...

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Every night my alarm has gone off because something becomes unstuck. It's not due to dirty doors -- its bad adhesive. Compare with the ADT system I took down -- that was up there with a vengeance.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

They used to use 3M Command strips.  Lately they have been shipping a cheap knock off.  It's not as good; who could have predicted that:?