J

Sat, Sep 19, 2020 7:08 AM

Enhancement Request

Please give us the ability to silence keypads. I work very late. When I come home and dismiss the alarm. When I go to rearm my wife is asleep until I hit Home or Away, where it starts to count down from the preset number of seconds it is set to. That beep sound wakes her every time. I have to take the stupid keypad and stuff it under a pillow for 45 seconds while it counts down to armed. I would like to keep the chime on the downstairs keypad, but have the ability to silence the upstairs one so that it makes no noise unless there is an alarm.

Thanks!!

217 Messages

2年前

Customers have been asking for that for a decade.  Not going to happen as it will lead to a higher number of false alarms which will get Simplisafe into hot water.  Also goes against ANSI standards intended to reduce false alarms (ANSI/SIA CP-01).

If you are handy, you can disconnect the beeper inside the keypad yourself.  If you are less handy, you can cover the opening in the beeper with heavy tape.  If you are not handy at all, move the keypad to another location.