D

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 3:48 PM

Exterior Camera

My SimpliSafe system is doing a good job monitoring my home's interior.
I'd like to add exterior cameras to the system; and apparently such aren't available as SimpliSafe products.
Are there any exterior cameras that work well with a SimpliSafe system?  If so, what are the recommendations?

Thanks,

Don

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2年前

Hi @donbstuart,

At this time, we do not currently integrate our system with any other brands of smart cameras and while we don't currently offer any outdoor cameras, we do have an Outdoor Kit that can be used with one of our SimpliCams. The Outdoor Kit comes with a waterproof, weather-ready sleeve that fits snuggly on the SimpliCam, a wall mounting bracket with a ball joint so that the SimpliCam can be aimed in any direction, as well as a 25 ft. power cable. Hopefully, this is enough to satisfy your needs.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

2年前

It would be nice to have outdoor cameras and have everything simplisafe and all of it on one system like ring does but i gave up and got 6 night owl security cameras with dvr that records 24/7 including motion and a free app and been pretty pleased. Hopefully they will come out soon as they were supposed to come out a few years ago.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

Keep in mind that exterior security is completely different than internal security.  While it makes sense to have internal cameras integrated into SS, it would take a complete redesign for external cameras to have any benefit of being integrated with SS.

Your night owl or equivalent is much better suited to external security than an outdoor version of the current SS camera design.

6 Messages

2年前

Is SimpliSafe working on wireless battery powered all weather outdoor security cameras as an alternative to Blink from Amazon?