F

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 12:15 AM

Exterior Home Security

When are you going to develop an exterior home security system?

179 Messages

3 y ago

I am hoping they come out with land mines. They are very effective!

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

Deep Sentinel is an example of what "exterior security" really means.  The only reliable external security is having actual people watching (either in person or via cameras) 24/7.  Which is going to cost you, cause people charge more than electronics for their time.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3 y ago

Yep and it is expensive, plus my thoughts were, you have these cameras at your entry points and the live guards will intervene at that point but what if someone comes to a bedroom window and no deep Sentinel cameras are there, then they just get in your house then lol unless money is no option and you can afford deep Sentinel and an interior alarm as well, but not happening with me, as money is an option.

171 Messages

3 y ago

I had Deep Sentinel for awhile very early on.  Just saw this review of Deep Sentinel:  https://securitybaron.com/system-reviews/deep-sentinel-review/?utm_campaign=Security%20Baron%20Press%20Release%20%28Feb%202020%29%20%28Pt9fbg%29&utm_medium=email&klaviyo_external_id=&klaviyo_id=MHQCPy&utm_source=Active%20Customers%201-29-2020&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJyaWRlNTI1QGFvbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJKOHRDZnAifQ%3D%3D
opinar sobre Cdmon hosting en https://hostingvictory.com/es/opiniones/cdmon/

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

I think Deep Sentinel seems designed to cover your entire perimeter, although I don't see how that can always be done with only 3 cameras.  I would think that a rectangular house would need at least 4, and mine would need at least 5.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3 y ago

@seven ypur right and you can adjust the perimeter where it will see but ypu can add a 4th camera to the system and now they have solar panels for the cameras so you dont have to change batteries. But once again this is expensive and you better have extremely good internet as these things hog the wifi but it is an awesome system and i would love to have it but no way in hell i can afford it plus the 50 bucks a month

171 Messages

3 y ago

When I had the Deep Sentinel system it only allowed 3 cameras.  I think today I saw they allow up. to six cameras.  High upfront cost of course, and higher monthly fees.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

@ride525, expensive, yes, but if you want to catch them BEFORE they break in, this sort of thing (that is, actual people on guard 24/7) is the only reliable option.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

And if you're not into the awesome Deep Sentinel, for only a cool 11-12K+, (yes, that's right, thousands), you can have the Hive, it's now ready for pre-ordering.  They've said they want to reduce the pricing some day for wee peasants, but for now, it's mainly marketed for luxury homes.

https://www.sunflower-labs.com/

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3 y ago

@coltmaster1 deep Sentinel is $499 for the system and sometimes they have a sale for 399 so 11 to 12k i dont know who thats with lol but i dont want them then hahahaha that's crazy to pay that but i know celebrities do that.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3 y ago

I gave up on the cameras for outside as i just went out and got the nightowl cameras 8 of them and they run on a DVR and record 24/7 and motion and i can check from my phone as well. There is a awesome company out there called deep Sentinel and they have these cameras that you put up and it has a hub in your home with artificial intelligence and it has live guards watching and they intervene when necessary. Tons of videos on YouTube about it the only problem is about 400 dollars for them and 49 a month for them to monitor it but a damn good idea.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

Lance, it's Sunflower Labs, check out the video on their website, they were at CES this year and looks like finally got funding for production and sales.  It's actually a pretty cool concept.  By the time they do decrease the price for anyone who isn't a celebrity or multimillionaire, there could be other companies already coming out with something like it.

I wouldn't mind having Deep Sentinel, but I'd need more cameras than 4 and of course, the monthly monitoring price with that many cameras is pretty high.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

@colt, they seem to allow up to 6 cameras, but as you say, each camera adds $10 to the monthly cost.

They also offer a solar power option for the cameras.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3 y ago

Aahh so its another company, i did hear the ceo of deep Sentinel say that celebrities have a system that allows live people to do that with there cameras and its thousands of dollars a month so thats why he created deep Sentinel so you have this but not pay that price but still to rich for my blood as of now lol. I cant fork out 400+ dollars and 50 dollars a month for this so i will just rely on my regular cameras i have outside and of course ss on the inside lol. Oh and i can see my neighbors shooting down that drone as it pops up hahahahaha cool idea but wow thays definitely for the rich.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3 y ago

Seven, where I live, solar power wouldn't be reliable :(