M

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 8:13 PM

Extra Sensors - piece of garbage

I spent $250 on 8 extra sensor devices; they are worthless.  I do have the regular system, and that works well. But stay away from the extra sensor devices - a waste of money; just continue with the normal sensor devices.

1.2K Messages

Il y a 3 y

What is an extra sensor?

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@michaele17 dp is asking a very good question. Is the issue you purchased SS2 sensors for a SS3 system, or visa versa. ?   Give a bit more detail please.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Man my head hurts reading this lol please let us know what ypu are talking about because im always getting more sensors and getting ready to get more, (its an addiction) so please clarify extra sensors and qhat system.

326 Messages

Il y a 3 y

I've actually now paid as much for new sensors and a camera as I did for my entire system.  I'm starting to see how you can say it is an addiction.  I'm trying to figure out new sensors that I might need.  I want to get freeze sensors for every level of my house because the app nicely reports the temperature.  And I might just need water sensors under all of my sinks. :)

1.2K Messages

Il y a 3 y

Yup, it's an addiction.

24 Door and Window Sensors
3 Indoor cameras (10 outdoor cams, non SS)
8 Water Sensors
3 Keypads
2 Extra Sirens
5 Motion Sensors
8 Glass Breaks
2 Smart Locks (August Brand)
And a partridge in a pear tree....

SS needs to invent some more stuff for me to buy!  I need a new fix.  :)

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

How about integration to a water shutoff valve that's wifi connected to the water sensors? I would buy one tonight.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 3 y

I like captain's point i would as well, but yes its an addiction i really don't need any more sensors as every door and windows has a sensor as well as 3 simplicams 3 motion 4 glass break 3 water sensors but i just cant stop thats why she will not ket me go to bestbuy because i will walk out with more ss sensors hahahahaha. I have 6 of the nightowl cameras which i got at bestbuy and now im thinking of getting the deep Sentinel cameras just because. Im all about security and ever since getting ss its been a serious addiction, so yes my real name is stephen and i have a simplisafe addition and i need help, who wants to join me for therapy lol

1.2K Messages

Il y a 3 y

Captain, i would definitely buy one. I dont see SS coming out with one as installation might not classify as simple. They do have smart valves on the market though and I should think about getting one. Even if i had to manually activate it on my phone after getting the water alert from SS it would be pretty handy.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@drunkpenguin you are absolutely correct installation would not be for the faint of heart, but SS has done simple, one way integration successfully with August, Nest, Amazon and Google, so this should (keyword there) be pretty straightforward for them. If water sensor alerts base send WIFI signal to close valve.  Your point of doing it manually is true enough, but would rather have a direct connection via an "official SS channel".

@ Lance843, I'm there with you but at this time pretty much built out. All but two rooms have motions, break and entry sensors scattered liberally around, smoke and Co's too, with an added sprinkling of entry sensors on closet doors and drawers.  Any more and I will be in the dog house with the Mrs., and we don't own a dog.  Note I now have two Chamberlain MyQ garage doors that are on WIFI and would love to have those integrated with SS too. And, of course, my 9 Geeni controlled lights when there is a alarm to turn them on.

To both: How about a new Robbert commercial showing him with hip boots in the basement of his criminal buddy Larry with water to their waists and saying "Gee, Larry, if you had Simplisafe's new Water Shutoff unit you wouldn't have this problem. Here, let me help you bail. (Large rubber duck passes behind them, enter stage left.)

1.2K Messages

Il y a 3 y

A guy named Larry in a flooded basement with boots on, reminds me of some thing.  You know, a Simplisafe system could have really helped Macaulay Culkin and made for a much shorter movie.  Luckily for us we are not stuck in the 80's where the only line of defense is a slightly psychotic, but very creative kid.  :)

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

@drunkpenguin maybe he already works for SS. :-)

101 Messages

Il y a 2 y

@drunkpenguin:  Yeah, I go on their site every now and then to see if there's some new fun thing I can buy to add to our system!!

When we got our system, we got just enough for basic coverage.  I didn't want to go too overboard without testing the basics of the system to make sure it's what we wanted.  Over the past few months, we've gotten more and more sensors to cover the rest of the home. We have multiple of each device they offer, except for the lock and doorbell, and that's because we already had a smart solution for those things in place before we got the alarm.  For my experience in adding the sensors to the main system, I got some from SS and some from Best Buy, and they all were added to the system without any issues...

Also, we actually got some use out of a water sensor a couple weeks ago:  Our water softener started to leak and we would have went at least a day, if not longer, without noticing if it wasn't for the water sensor we put back there.  A couple beeps from the system, a notification on our phones, and a call from COPS all happened to let me know that we had a problem and where the problem was and we got it taken care of right away.  VERY happy with our system!

1.2K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Good to hear danieljustice.  Everyone should learn from this.  Don't be like me and buy water sensors AFTER your water heater blows up all over your garage lol.