S

Fri, Oct 22, 2021 2:47 PM

Faulty keypad

Like several people, one of the keypads (the Master keypad) included in my kit is faulty.

The unit *always* goes unresponsive and turns into a brick after a day or so. It gobbles batteries in a matter of a day or two. I have relocated the keypad numerous times to rule out range or interference problems.

I performed an "emergency pairing" with a clueless, script-reading, Tier I technician over the phone which produced zero positive results.

This keypad is toast and requires replacement. A simple review of my system's logs by Simplisafe will confirm that my keypad never worked properly. Overall, I am satisfied with the system but I would very much like a replacement keypad shipped to me.

Keep the good feeling alive, stand by your product and either ship me a new keypad or provide a serious solution to fixing my original keypad.

v/r,
R.A.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

10 m ago

@salvage210  Being a customer for over 9  years Simplisafe has never refused replacing a defective component fo rme. Call back and I am sure they will do the same for you.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

I agree with the Captain,

We absolutely need to replace that Keypad. If you haven't already, give us a call at 800-548-9508 and we'll get that sorted.

- Davey D.
Community Development Manager
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

10 m ago

@ Davey D now if only I could get my wife to agree with me on something..... only kidding. After 41+ years and supporting my SS habit (and Star Trek) she is unbelievably aswesome!