paybills_1's profile

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 6:05 PM

indoor camera

I've owned and used your system(s) for a number of years and have been generally satisfied.  I am however highly disappointment with your camera, especially in light of what is currently available in the market.  The night time resolution of this camera is so poor that even general details of someone moving around are hard to identify. Under these conditions I doubt that law enforcement could extract any usable information.   Low light, lets say one 60 watt lamp in a 10X10' room yields  poor results as well.  The sound recordings from the build in mike are severely hampered by noises that are not apparent to the human ear when I am in the same room as the camera.  I'm assuming that the mike is picking up some kind of electronic interference.  

I would give your system high marks except for the camera which is only truly useful in high light. Given what the current technology is capable of, I think it would be in your interest (I know it would be in the consumers interest) to include a more competent and updated camera in your device offerings.

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

Maybe you got a bad one. Mine seem to do great with zero light in rooms much larger than 10x10.

1 Message

You probably got a bad one.  A lady with their tech service told me 20% of their cameras are bad.  I received my first one and it wouldn't scan the image, I finally got it to work on my own but SS sent me another one and both of them will not speak when you hold down the button on your phone, there is only a click.  I received 2 replacements today and I can't activate either one.  Both have a solid yellow light that will never change after unplugging, resetting the button and etc. plus one has the privacy lens stuck open and it will not close.  I think they should have did a little more development before they put them on the market.  If you Google it you will find multitudes of people with problems with the cameras.  I have had the system for years and am quite satisfied with it but the cameras suck.

166 Messages

2 y ago

I got my first SimpliSafe camera last week.  I set it up without a problem, but less than 24 hours later i was greeted with a blinking white light meaning the camera was dead.  Turns out it was a Simplisafe problem and the next day it was up and running again.  My biggest complaint is the audio....it sucks!  Trying to talk through the camera is a no-go. My Ring camera on the other hand has very good audio, both listening and talking, and it works better in low or no light compared to the SS camera.  My second SS camera will be here tomorrow, maybe it will work better, hopefully

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

Well you have a point.  I tried the 2-way audio when it first came out and it was "just ok".  I've never used it since because I don't find a use for it.  Cell phones work pretty good for 2 way communication in most circumstances.  And before someone says "but how do you talk to a bad guy while he's in your house?  Well,  I don't care how good the audio quality is, good luck having a conversation with them while the siren is blaring.  :)

166 Messages

2 y ago

I don't intend to talk to the bad guy, I use it (Ring Cam) to talk to my 2 cats and dog when we're away.  They appreciate knowing what time we'll be home so they don't get caught doing something naughty.  Also works as a sort of intercom when I need my wife to bring me another cold beer.  Just wish the SS cam worked as good as the Ring cam....