route_66_guy's profile

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 1:50 PM

Low Batteries

Last night a message announced that the battery in one of my Glass Break sensors was low.  It would be nice if there was a way to check battery levels either in the App or on the website.  We are often gone for days at a time and there is no way of knowing if a battery is about to go dead before we leave.  I'd much prefer to change them ahead of time than to wait until the sensor becomes unusable.

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

2年前

@Route 66 Guy a great suggestion and SS should easily be able to do it, as they now have the signal strength and other technical data at the ready in the phone app. Would be nice if they transported the same tool(s) to their website.

In the interim, just yesterday I resurrected my SS2 sensor spreadsheet for proactively replacing batteries and once I get all of the updated battery info entered will go back on preventative schedule. SS, feel free to make that sheet obsolete.

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2年前

Hi all,

The ability to show the battery level of individual sensors in the app is dependant on the sensor sending the exact battery level to the Base Station instead of just a "Low Battery" signal. While I'm not sure if it actually does that or not, if it doesn't, that won't be something that we can add to the All-New SimpliSafe since we don't have the ability to update individual sensors' firmware. This is a great idea though, so rest assured that we've forwarded it on to our dev team so that even if it can't be added as a feature for the current SimpliSafe equipment, perhaps it could be for the next generation.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

166 Messages

2年前

Thank you for the encouraging response.  Given that now only a "Low Battery" warning can be issued, what is the recommended life span of the installed batteries?  Do some sensors require more power than others; in other words do some sensors use up the batteries faster?  What would be a good time frame to use for changing batteries, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months?  All of my replacement batteries are Duracell batteries.  Is that the best one to use or is something else recommended?  Thank you...

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2年前

The lifespan of the batteries can all be found here in our Help Center, but generally, the Keypad batteries will last up to a year while the rest should all last at least 3 years before needing replacement. Duracell batteries are a good choice as that is what we primarily supply with new equipment. Any quality brand such as Energizer should work as well though.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

2年前

@Team S, great info and just copied into my spreadsheet. As in SS2, will proactively replace batteries at 20% estimated life to avoid any issues.