J

Fri, Aug 13, 2021 10:16 PM

Misleading Advertising

I purchased Simplisafe with the expectations that I would be able to do self-monitoring.  I do not need a monitoring service for my situation.  The Simplisafe web site states:  " Without professional monitoring if someone enters your home, there is no guarantee emergency personnel will be alerted. "Self-monitoring" makes you do all the work - but what if you're in a meeting? Or you don't hear the phone?"

This statement suggests that with self-monitoring a break-in alert would or could be sent to "the phone", presumably using the iPhone app which I am using.  The truth is the alert functions for the system that are used for professional monitoring are withheld from the user who want to be personally alerted. The only information sent to the app is status information with no alerting audio function, therefore no "alerting" for the self-monitor.

Even in the instructions for setting up alerts there is no indication that the alert features are only provided if professional monitoring is purchased.  In my view this is at least intentionally misleading information and possibly fraudulent.

Advocate

• 

417 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I don't use self-monitoring but I also assumed you would receive a push notification if push notifications are enabled. Assuming that's accurate then it may just be notifications are disabled in the app or the OS?

Do you have push notifications enabled per:

https://support.simplisafe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029532592-How-do-I-set-up-Push-Notifications-for-my-SimpliSafe-on-my-smartphone- ?

If push notifications are enabled but you're still not receiving them, have you gone through the troubleshooting steps at:

https://support.simplisafe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029534032-Why-am-I-not-receiving-push-notifications-for-my-SimpliSafe-on-my-smartphone-

Obviously if I'm wrong and you don't get notifications with self-monitoring then none of this will work. (I have a monitoring plan so I can't verify for you.)