A

Mon, Jun 14, 2021 7:40 PM

Poor Customer Service

Each and every time I have contacted SimpliSafe customer support I have been on hold for over a half hour before reaching someone.  I have been having trouble with my system lately and absolutely dread making the call because I know it will be an hour ordeal.  Why have you not hired more people to help your call center?

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Hi ajperry5206,

We sincerely apologize for the extended hold times. I hear from our Support folks that we've been having a much higher call volume than usual lately, but of course we're all working hard to take care of all of our customers as efficiently as possible.

But in the meantime, we'd be happy to help on the forum as well! If you want to let us know more about the issues you've been experiencing, we can provide answers and troubleshooting tips.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

1 Message

Il y a 1 a

I must agree - this statement of Higher call volumes no longer holds water - you run a security company with Zero Customer Service I have tried to reach Customer Support multiple days during business hours, after hours, from my job , from my home each time I hang up at 45 minutes frustrated that there are no results and no satisfaction. I have even used the web site to ask for a call back ??

There is simply no process to communicate with Customer Server

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Il y a 1 a

jwrotondo,

I hear ya. The long holds are frustrating for all of us. But as I said above, the forum welcomes you! Let us know what you've been having trouble with and we can help.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

1 Message

Il y a 1 a

Your customer service is abysmal!  I am having dreadful problems and when you say you will correct them; more problems arise.
I have had simpli safe for over 5 years and am now exploring new alarm providers.  Success seems to have destroyed your operations. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND SIMPLISAFE!

6 Messages

Il y a 1 a

They are the horrible.

I have been trying to call for weeks and I just sit on the phone for so long, I end up hanging up. They don't seem to understand their customer's have jobs too. And families. And sometimes 2 jobs! I can't even cancel!!! What a nightmare. My cameras don't work all the time, I have constant issues, but hey keep on paying that bill.

There are millions of Americans out of work yet SimpliSafe is only concerned with profit - not their customers. They do not care that the people who pay for their service cannot get customer service - as long as you pay the bill, they are fine with letting you hang in the wind. What a horrible business model. There are enough people out there that can do the job and your call center could be better managed.

They can't answer your call but expect you to monitor the forum and maybe you'll get assistance? @Johnny M - honestly, that's your answer? You should be embarrassed. The entire company should be embarrassed.

Another 24 minutes wasted. You did not answer the phone.

I guess I'll dispute the charge with my bank over and over until SimpliSafe gets the message.

I concur - I will not be recommending SimpliSafe and will let everyone I know. Congrats on another happy customer.

Community Admin

• 

3.2K Messages

Il y a 1 a

dubess2525,

I get what you're saying, and I'm with you. Unfortunately I'm not able to help with the call volume situation. And I'm not saying that our Forum is a replacement for getting help over the phone. Our Support folks absolutely should be able to answer in a more timely manner, you're right.
But what I am saying is that there are a lot of things that we forumers can help with, so that some users won't need to wait on the line at all.
For example, we can help with troubleshooting, setup tips, or questions about how the system works. If you give us a bit more info about what symptoms you're seeing with your camera, we can offer some advice.

In a different thread, you also mention that you reached out via Twitter. Was that through a direct message? We in the Social Media team also try our best to answer ASAP, so there's a good chance we've replied already!

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

3 Messages

Il y a 1 a

That is well and fine to have a forum, but if the company refuses to hire enough people to handle emergency security, clearly its phone answer "We are here to help" is a lie, so why should we patronise it? I need a company that actually cares about my security. My system continuously breaks down, and when I do get through, the problem always is only temporarily solved.

3 Messages

Il y a 1 a

At a minimum when the wait period is long SS should allow us to leave a number and then call us. That is, if they are "here to help".

3 Messages

Further on this, I note no responses here. However, three days I called again and was able to get through. The person I spoke to apologised, saying something about a promotion sale going on clogging their system. She helped me fix the system and said if I still have the problem (every couple of weeks I start getting a message to bring the keypad closer to the base station even though it is just in fact very close) they will send a new base station. So I am happy again - though still hope SS can develop a system where we can ask for a call back if the wait period is long.

28 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I have called twice in the past month and each time I have reached customer service in less than 2 minutes. If you are on hold more than a few minutes, hang up and call back in. Customer service has been great for me. Sometimes I believe it is due to carrier or phone system issues.