J

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 4:14 PM

Simplisafe has been a nightmare

We keep getting false alarms. They have replaced equipment but to no avail. Generally the CS reps have no clue what to do or even how the systems operate as they should. To contact Simplisafe you have to wait on hold for 30-60 minutes and they do not respond to emails for days on end. I just want this to be over and send this mess back. Time to move on. NO this is not user error as I would expect the responses to be!

7 Messages

Il y a 1 a

I called the sales line and they connected me to a CS rep. System is being returned as they cannot fix the false alarm troubles.

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

It would be interesting to know what the false alarms were from: Motion sensors, entry sensor, smoke alarms, water sensor, etc?
Your post is vague.  Sorry it didn't work out.

7 Messages

Il y a 1 a

Doesn't really matter, its a nuisance no matter what. It was a motion sensor that alarmed and another motion sensor that was not armed that went into alarm at the same time. They replaced them along with the base station the first time. Second time was enough combined with reps not knowing what was wrong when you FINALLY could contact someone. I asked for a supervisor both verbally and in emails and never got a response. VERY poor customer service.... VERY! Also had a camera replaced due to not activating with motion. The replacement wasn't 100% either..... sad, I wanted to like the system. Oh well.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

It is sad to read threads like this, as SS struggles to keep up with their sales volume. I, and the 30+ customers I know since I recommended their systems to them, are all happy campers.  Issues now and then, but addressed by SS and life goes on. As SS has over 3 million customers now, they overall do okay.  Support resources have never kept up and continues to be their weak spot. Best of luck on your next choice, but do not recommend ADT.

7 Messages

Must be nice! I liked the interface but the equipment sucks.... not reliable. And the people? Totally incompetent. They don't know how their equipment is supposed to function and don't care to find out.  I cancelled my account and returned the equipment and today I get an email from Jennifer that calls herself Dave that says I hope you got all your problems resolved... lol. Totally terrible customer service. Call it kinks if you want but with the way they treated me, I will bad mouth them every chance that I get.... morons. I'm sure that this 'Sales volume' will surely dwindle once people find out how terrible of a company they are! Cove on the other hand.... simply great customer service! I recommend them so far. I haven't even gotten my equipment yet so that could change but.... I have called them 6 times or so and they answer the phone before it even rings the second time! What a refreshing concept..... a company that actually answers their phone when customers call!!!

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@jrjr4u Your post is your experience, mine has been the exact opposite with SS over the past 9 years that I have been a customer. SS, you really have to get your hands around the call support issues once and for all and have 0 tollerance for anything short of that.  Yes, tight labor market, yes pandemic etc etc but this has been an issue for the past 9 years.  Organization, right hires and accountable compensation policies leverage with the right technology will keep you on track.

No exucses becomes improving reality.  Period.

7 Messages

Been an issue for the past 9 years.... that says it all. Thanks for confirming my analysis. If you take a moment and read through all the posts in this forum there is an overwhelming negative experience with support. I bet the local authorities love you with the unstoppable false alarms! nuff said

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

All of the posts in this forum, which in itself aren't all about bad service, is but a fraction of the overall millions of customers. SS is obviously doing more right than wrong. nuff said.

7 Messages

I would have to believe that people are just settling for sub-par equipment and service. It's cheap enough, granted but that's no excuse for poor business practices.

Advocate

• 

108 Messages

Il y a 1 a

@jrjr4u   You have to acknowledge that people are more likely to come online and post negative reviews when they have a negative experience.  If everything works as it should, then people are less likely to jump on the computer and start a post about how everything went as expected.  Captain is right- there are likely millions of customers out there that are perfectly happy with the system and service.  Unfortunately, there are some that don't get that experience.  So while there are some complaints on the forum about the customer service (which I agree should be fixed), you have to assume there are many more out there that have no issues whatsoever.  I personally have the (older) SS2 system and am completely happy, and with the increase in posts about random issues with the new system (and cost to upgrade), I'm not likely to purchase the SS3 system anytime soon.  My system just works, and has for many years.

7 Messages

I wish my  system had 'just worked' and not false alarmed. If it had I would not have needed CS so much other than 50% of my equipment being defective and needing replaced. I now have Cove installed and am a bit disappointed. The software leaves a lot to be desired compared to SS and although customer service is easy to reach they are not understandable for the most part. It takes 5-10 calls to get someone you can understand. BUT they do answer promptly. Oh well, you get what you pay for with either I guess. Cut rate equipment and service