lance843's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 10:35 PM

Simplisafe owners group on Facebook

Just wanted to let everyone know that if your on Facebook you can search simplisafe owners group and ask to join. Its like the forums where ypu can ask questions, give advice or talk anything simplisafe. I am a moderator on it so i can also accept people to join. So come on over if you would like as we are trying to make it bigger as it is only a few months old. Thanks everyone

Captain

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

@Lance843 good idea but I don't want to let anyone know I have a SS system. Can't be anonymous on Facebook like you can in the forums.

Just stopped by at the page, private group so couldn't view it but did see a link on a members page to the Irreverent Warriors Group.  Visited the website and was intrigued in its mission and goals. Made a donation. Best of luck in your SS support group endeavors.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

^ You can be anonymous, Captain, just create a new profile that will bypass fb's stupid algorithms for names.

I have an anonymous fb, I would never have signed up for fb without it.   Too many weirdos out there.  While I completely without a doubt, despise fb and most of social media, sometimes it's necessary to access something, like my local news stations (because their regular pages are only 50-word brief articles that are anything but newsworthy and the journalists can't even spell).

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

2 y ago

Completely understand but just wanted to let people know if they were tired of trying to log into the forums which i know can be crazy sometimes but trying to help on there as well and so far within 1 night we got another 50 people to join and yes its private and they have to answer questions and agree to policies and we check out there page before we accept. And a ton of new people are asking questions as they just got there system and have questions. I lot of people dont even know these forums exist but i have told them as well to check it out so they have plenty of options for people who can help them out. Thanks again guys

8 Messages

lol, if you think "they have to answer questions and agree to policies and we check out there page before we accept" is going to stop an unscrupulous person from joining, you are delusional. I am a moderator for a page as well, we also ask questions. The 1st question is "This page is for people that were stationed aboard our ship ONLY, you have to be a shipmate to gain access". That doesn't stop the numerous people that attempt to join that have nothing to do with the ship. Most aren't even from this country! So, good luck to you.

216 Messages

2 y ago

The problem with a Facebook users group is that you have to use Facebook.  How can anyone who cares about security use Facebook?

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

2 y ago

We have denied a few people already, we look at there profile first and make sure they answer questions and policies if they dont they cant join. If they break any rules they are out. But its simple you dont have to join, kinda like on the forums, dont have to be here and its not all that safe as well. Hell nothing is