B

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 4:59 AM

Simplisafe Support and Managment should be fired.

Unable to access my alarm tonight via the app or web.
Unable to arm my system while away traveling so my home is left unprotected.
Attempts to contact support have failed as they shutdown midnight EST.

Having no support available at night when damn near the entire customer base is actually trying to use the product is one of, if not the absolute top, dumb-ass business decisions to ever be made. Seriously...the person responsible for that decision should go back to McDonalds and clean tables/sweep floors as the fry machine and cash register is going to require more intelligence then they have to offer.

So now in this circumstance what are we left to do after paying for a service they clearly cannot and do not care to provide?

3 Messages

Il y a 2 y

I called the moinitoring center, the only thing open, and they said there are system problems with technicians currently working on them. Unfortunate, but such things can happen.

But to not reopen tech support, or email customers, or have an alert when calling in - or SOMETHING - this is unacceptable. Perhaps this is SimpliSafe's first-ever outage and they screwed up. I'll be looking for an apology, corrective action plan, and some statement credit.

1 Message

Il y a 2 y

Also not impressed with this outage and (non-)response. No alerts; no notices; no status page to check if the system is up or down. I called BEFORE midnight, and got the "you are calling after hours' recording.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi all,

We apologize for the issues you ran into with your app and web access. As was relayed to Dave, we experienced an outage that impacted some app functionality and cameras, however that has been resolved. We want to assure you that monitoring was not impacted. If you're still experiencing any issues, power cycling your cameras should resolve it.

Otherwise we are more than happy to assist further if you'd like to either email at customer-support@simplisafe.com or call us at 1-800-548-9508.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 2 y

All of the points in this thread are well based, about the only positive thing was that monitoring service was never down with the customer's systems. The bad part is that many had to go through the night wondering what was going on and what was affected.

As far as the apology, while nice, it is empty and appears insincere unless things change, soon. Simplisafe customers, and associates, deserve better. Its simple as that.