J

Wed, Oct 14, 2020 4:31 PM

Simplisafe WITHOUT the monitoring plan SUCKS BALLS!

I purchased a Simplisafe system less than a yr ago. (the camera came with the system) After the free 1st month I decided to continue with the monitoring plan. I even purchased more sensors, including a smoke detector and paid for the permit (in my town). But, over the few months I had the monitoring plan  my wife retired (due to a disability) and me being disabled/retired, and on a set budget, we decided the monitoring plan was not affordable so I canceled it. Immediately my info was wiped from the Simplisafe app. Makes sense.......but how do I access the camera that came with the system? When I bring up the app, it wants me to setup a new system....but before that, the app asks me for my pin code, which I enter but then it wants me to enter a "Master Pin code"? no idea what that is...don't remember setting one up. So, I got on the phone to Simplisafe customer support. They fixed it so I could get past the "master pin code" but several attempts to setup the camera and I still don't have access to my cam that I paid for! I am also disappointed that a Premium account is the ONLY way to access Simplisafe. Especially since I went and bought a bunch of Amazon Alexa Echos and Amazon Alexa Flex devices so I could control my security system only to find out a "Premium" account is required. Speaking of Alexa, the system worked great when I paid for monitoring, now, it's just an expensive set of door sensors! I had a routine setup that turned off my lights, set the temperature on my Ecobee and armed Simplisafe....ok, I had to tell if I wanted to arm it (makes sense....2 choices...armed HOME or armed AWAY) but it still worked great with Alexa. Now that I have no plan, I can no longer use Alexa with Simplisafe but more importantly, the app won't even let me setup the camera. It sees my network, connects to it, but will not pair with the simplisafe camera.  Shame on Simplisafe! I understand a company needs to make money, but ya can't even remotely set your alarm if you have no monitoring plan! I should be able to continue using the app with integration of Alexa that "simpli" has no route to  monitoring. Just allows me to use my WIFI network to connect/control my devices!

Official Solution

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 5 m

@pmsmith1 ,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. This thread was posted way before we launched Basic App Control, which enables app functions and notifications even without being subscribed to service. 

It sounds like your Monitoring Service was canceled rather than downgraded - so your Base Station was disconnected from the server entirely. But we can simply get it re-activated at the 'free' tier to get app functions back.

But pmsmith1, we should also be investigating what happened with those alarm events. For example, were you actually home at the time, and disarmed the alarm quickly? There's a very short grace period in which disarming prevents a call from dispatch. That way, we can reduce false alarms that result in wasting the resources of your local police.

But the only way to know for sure that's what happened is to look at your account and check the Timeline event log. There might be something else, like a connectivity issue, that would need deeper investigation. Our Support team at 800-548-9508 can help with both.

(edited)

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

Il y a 2 y

Hi @jfkratz1,

We're sorry about the issues that you have been having recently. While integration with Alexa does require the Interactive Monitoring plan, you should still be able to use your SimpliCam without any Monitoring plan at all. Most likely, your SimpliCam is integrated with your system on that deactivated account and it just needs to be uninstalled and then reinstalled.

If your SimpliCam is still connected to your Wifi network you should be able to uninstall it from your account by holding the reset button on top of the SimpliCam down for ~15 seconds before releasing. After about a minute, your SimpliCam should restart and prompt you to set it up again through the app. If you continue to have problems getting your SimpliCam working we recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance.

SimpliSafe Social Team
SimpliSafe Home Security

23 Messages

Il y a 7 m

Absolutely despicable way to treat your customers

Every other smart device, after being purchased.... simply works

With the purchase...that is your cost of entry

SimpliSafe needs to end this shameful practice

I spent $500 on devices & this should be enough !!!!!!

What a joke policy !!!!!!!

2 Messages

Il y a 5 m

agree with your comments.  I cancelled the monitoring plan because IT SIMPLY DIDNT WORK.  Several times the alarm was triggered and there was ZERO response.  what is the point of paying for monitoring if nothing happens?  so when I cancelled, now NOTHING on my home system works, the base cannot even access the keypad.   This is a disgusting bait and switch company that everyone needs to know how they operate

Il y a 1 m

This entire system and its software architecture is a joke.  I too paid over $500 for the system, several months ago and because we are re-building after the Malibu fire 3.5 yrs ago, am just installing it.  

First off, I hate these two tier security verification nonsense.  If I enter my user and password, that should be enough, when I try to remove the two tier security, it says I cannot do that without adding another phone or email address - WTF RIDICULOUS!!!!  Having a two tier system means absolutely nothing.  If a criminal is in my house with a gun to my head and they know the dynamics of the system, they will simply force me, or anyone else to give up the second tier info and the 4 digit panic code isn’t going to accomplish anything, by the time the police arrive, we’d all be dead.

Second, WTF is this nonsense that you set up the outdoor cameras through the remote control and the indoor cameras you have to log into the APP in order to install?!?!?!  Everything should have the exact same installation protocols and methodology!

Third, if i had known the cameras had to be connected to wifi, instead of their own secure RF signal, I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS TURKEY!!!!!  ALL ANYONE WOULD HAVE TO DO IS TURN THE POWER OFF, KILLING THE ROUTER AND YOU ARE DONE!  NO COVERAGE!  A SECURE RF SIGNAL WOULD HAVE BEEN A WAY BETTER WAY TO GO.  NOT TO MENTION MY OUTDOOR CAMERAS ARE ON ONE SIDE OF THE HOUSE AND THE INDOOR ROUTER IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE.  WHEN I MOVE THE OUTDOOR CAMERA EVEN HALF THE DISTANCE I NEED TO GO, IT DROPS THE SIGNAL.  NOW I WILL HAVE TO INSTALL ROUTER EXTENDERS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE IN ORDER TOMAKE THIS TURKEY WORK.

THAT’S ALL I HAVE FOR NOW AND I AM NOT EVEN DONE INSTALLING 4 APPENDAGES OF THIS SYSTEM.  IF I COULD RETURN IT I WOULD.

I DON’T KNOW IF THE RING SYSTEM IS ANY BETTER, BUT WILL CERTAINLY BE LOOKING INTO IT AND PERHAPS RE-SELL THIS TURKEY ON THE OPEN MARKET!!!!!!!!!

This comment has been converted into a post