coltmaster1's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Sat, Apr 25, 2020 3:48 AM

So, the forums don't matter anymore?

SS, ignoring the big elephant in the room? (4 days now)

This isn't projecting a very good image for you, SS, when people come here looking for help.

3 Messages

2 y ago

Only to Captain11.  He seems to do nothing but shill for SS.  I had high hopes, but a couple of tiny problems are now making me question if this company will even be around in a few months.  It looks like I will be returning the entire system since I don't believe there will be any service after 60 days, since there is none now.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

@rick80, wow, a little bad feelings I see. Obviously you have not read my many, many posts where I have taken Simplisafe to task.  Yes, I am a loyal customer but a shill? Sorry, don't agree but that's what makes America great.  (Always was, still is btw).

Sorry to see you go, but at least you can get a full refund within 60 days. Also sent a copy of your post to 10 customers, part of the dozens of systems I placed. Heard back from 6, yes they all say I am very supportive of SS and recommend it, but at times, their worst nightmare.  

This shill does wish you the best on whatever solution you end up with. And be safe.

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

In SS's defense, the vast majority of company owned forums do not have employees taking part.  Letting customers help each other saves money, that's why these places exist.

326 Messages

2 y ago

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any company forums that have a company presence.  Not saying that they don't exist, just that they are a bit of a rarity.

I hope you're wrong about SS.  I've sunk way too much money into this system to have it become worthless a few months later.

3 Messages

2 y ago

From the top of the forum page: Our customer support forums are monitored regularly by our sales staff, technical support staff, engineering team, and veteran users of SimpliSafe.

326 Messages

2 y ago

That's 75% lies.  Veteran users of Simplisafe are the only ones that bother with this forum.  Every once in a while, someone from Simplisafe will make a token appearance.  Other than that, this could be some random forum floating around on the internet that the company is not affiliated with in any way.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

"Regularly" implies a pattern, not a frequency.  Thus once every 3 months can be considered "regularly"...  :-)

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

Guys, I wasn't only referring to no SS attention on the forum, I was referring to the damned spammer with a couple thousand posts and no one can use those sub-forums (day 7 now).  It's not as if a forum user can delete them, or take care of the forum at all, SS obviously couldn't care less about this forum.

That said, I remember specifically, several supervisors (and IIRC, even someone who's name starts with an "M"), state that they all knew the forums needed attention, were "working on it", "it's a priority", the damned search engine would be placed again, more attention given, blah blah.  I gave up on that a few minutes after I heard the first one :(

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

I was just made aware of the Chinese spammer in another post.  I hadn't been aware of it as I never walk into that part of the SS building. I thought wow, this is odd.  So I pasted some of it into the almighty Google Translator and to the laymen (which is me, I'm a laymen, pretty sure anyways) the text appears to be a copy n pasted educational document.  I thought wow, what an incredible waste of time.  SS is not an educational institute and the poor fella must be lost.  Unsure what do do with the information, I sent an email to a random teacher I found online and asked "What does this mean?"

She came up with a theory that is a bit scary.  She says you have to decipher the text and what it reads is this... Simplisafe has taken drunkpenguins idea and built a Roomba with a laser on it's head.  When the alarm goes off it attacks!  It worked great on it's trial run but the programmers forgot to put a STOP code in it so it's currently running around at 1mph shooting at all the phone lines.  "Phone lines are bad", the Roomba was heard repeating.  It's making it very tough for anyone to call in for support!  The employees were enjoying the quiet moments of dead air until someone saw the Roomba attacking the coffee pot.  "This is war!", one of the Supervisors yelled!  They are now planning their revenge!  A sock has been put in the path of the Roomba.  This should take care of it, but the Roomba is currently doing circles around some spilled doughnut crumbs so it may take a while to continue toward the sock trap!  The Chinese code being posted is the stop code they need to program into the Roomba.  As soon as the Roomba has been disabled they will upload it and shut it down.  They will then send the Roomba back in time to find the creator of this forum.  The Roomba will have a simple message which reads, "Please add a moderator to the SS forum, our future depends on it"!

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

^ well that's an awful long line of code, and totally unnecessary, unless SS still doesn't have a programmer!