captain11's profile
Captain

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 2:05 PM

SS Social Team: Suggestion

Hi Simplisafe Social Team:

A suggestion: be active in the SS forums as you are on social media.

Before you rush to judgement, hear me out.  On Facebook, it feels you are there minute by minute, interacting with customers and (ready for it?) responisve. Here in the forums, it feels like you want to say "customers, drop dead" as there is hardly any any contact from Simplisafe.

Why did I say "before your rush to judgement..."?  You may think, incorrectly the forums are a dead end for customer contact and only "old seniors" use it. Wrong. Yes, I am an "old" customer in my 60's but use social media like you, but not for my security system. Truth be told, I don't have a SS sign, stickers or anything online to publicly connect me to SS. Why? Security.

So, before you write off a large segment of your customer base, suggest your activity in the forums continues and expands. BTW, your overall website GUI is state of the art 2000 and your Android phone app needs to continue to improve. Font and coloring makes the GUI not user friendly.

And, yes, how about a reply SST (Simplisafe Social Team)?

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

Amen.

Although whomever monitors their fb, only gives canned responses, generally ("pm me your name and phone number and we'll have someone reach out to you").  Which has the same effect as zero support on the forum.

Ever the optimist, Captain, I salute you :)

Community Admin

• 

469 Messages

2 y ago

@captain11

We really do appreciate this post! And believe it or not, we do appreciate you and the rest of the forum folks.

You're right, the forum has been overdue for some real, consistent attention for some time now. We've been increasing our presence and responsiveness across all channels over the last few months, and the forum is a part of that too. Hopefully you will notice over the coming weeks more regular responses from us here--in fact it's already begun happening over the last week or so!

As you're also aware, more than almost anyone, the forum is not the most user friendly or feature-rich place. We also have a larger plan to give it a big facelift but that will be further out in the future.

We'll pass your note on to our dev team re: the Android app as well.

@coltmaster1
Sometimes we like to take conversations to private message so that we can discuss details more freely. For example, if you're having trouble with your account, or you need hardware troubleshooting. For general answers, we do try to answer on the spot.

Team Social
SimpliSafe Home Security

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

TS - I get that, but half of your social media guests come back to the forum because they never got anyone to get back to them.

That said, thank you, and we APPRECIATE the response you just provided. I truly hope that we will soon see more of you/SS in the forum, some of us really don't care for social media, and the forums are (in my opinion), an integral part of your customer service (it also invokes a sense of community when it's run smoothly).

I know it's asking for a miracle, but would SS consider bringing back that fantastic online chat they had for 2 weeks and got rid of just as quickly?  (hint, I cannot remember her name off hand, I'm sure several other people might remember, but she was incredibly awesome, hope she's still there, she's a keeper!)

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

2 y ago

@coltmaster1 I second that request, online chat group was awesome. There were only 4 agents but they did an incredible job. Alas, I too forget the regular but she was great.