E

Sat, May 9, 2020 12:14 PM

System is not reliable

I have not had any "activity" from my Simplisafe in over 24 hours. I only log in to look at the camera recordings when there is suspicious activity in my neighborhood.

I woke up to find things missing/vandalized in my front yard this morning. When I logged into my account, it shows no activity on the cameras.

This is the second time I have had an incident around my house and the cameras did not pick up the activity either time.

Security systems are supposed to be reliable and I, now, do not feel I can rely on the Simplisafe monitoring devices to keep my family safe.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

What cameras are those?  SS does not have any cameras which are designed for outdoor use (except the doorbell camera).  So it is not surprising that if you are using indoor cameras outdoors, that they will not trigger reliably.  Also, last I heard,  the doorbell camera was still not activating reliably.

Frankly, what you need for outdoors is a camera system which records all the time.  Usually, this is a hardwired system into a DVR or NVR.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

2年前

Agree with seven, we have the video doorbell and the sensitivity is set on the highest setting and it still doesn't alert untill you walk up the side walk and get about 10 feet away. So we have the nightowl cameras 6 of them all around the outside with the nvr that records 24/7 with motion alerts on the phone and thats what we use to see whats going on with the outside. We have 2 ss interior cameras for the inside that work great but they are for the inside so best to get cameras specifically for the outside.