M

Sat, Mar 28, 2020 1:39 PM

The "pre-alarm" isn't loud enough

I'm talking about the beeps you get when you trigger the alarm giving you a few seconds to put in your pin before the loud alarm goes off. The volume of it is TOO LOW! I made 3 false alarms from just walking out my front door forgetting I had the house in home mode. My keypad and base are near my front door. I have it set on high.

Matter of fact, I wish it just wasn't just beeps. Something more to get my attention like voice, "Alarm triggered. 30 secs to disable" or something to catch my attention.

326 Messages

2年前

Agreed.  My old ADT system was plenty loud.  It just beeped, but they were loud beeps.  And it went from single beeps to double beeps as the countdown came to an end.  It would be nice if the volume could be increased or controlled.  Part of it might be the fact that the keypad is battery powered and they're trying to make the batteries last.

1.2K Messages

2年前

We have 2 keypads in the living room and the extra siren also beeps.  There is no possible way we would not hear that.  It's plenty loud.  We also have a keypad in the master bedroom and I had to take apart the keypad and rip the speaker out to keep it from waking us up in the middle of the night.  I can't imagine how you guys are not hearing them.

326 Messages

2年前

^Who knows.  Maybe for me, it's hearing loss from old age?  lol
I can hear it.  It's just pretty quiet.  I can't hear it from outside the garage door.  And I used that to tell me what to expect when I inevitably have to go back inside for something that I forgot.  As for setting it to Home, I have my delay set to 0 seconds, so I don't care because no beeps.

I guess everyone's use is different and some people will notice things that others might not notice at all.

I don't have a siren on the first floor and that is something that I am going to get soon.  I have a siren on the second floor and in the basement.

1.2K Messages

2年前

Do you guys have wall to wall carpet?  My house is hard floors so it echos more than most.  That could be the difference I suppose.