lance843's profile
Advocate

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Sat, Jan 4, 2020 9:27 PM

To simplisafe

You guys at ss need to get it together, your Facebook page has got the most horrible reviews and posts on there i have ever seen from any company ever. To the new ceo so far you are doing a crappy job, what is doing all this advertising and spending the money for it all for sales and not caring at all about your regular customers only for people and i mean all these people are sending it back for a refund. So how is that sales working out for you. Simplisafe pardon my language but you need to get your shit straight and i mean fast or you will be the laughing stock of all security companies.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

^ What he said.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

I may have put it a different way but the message would be, and is, the same.

1 Message

Il y a 3 y

Piggying back off Lance843's (& etal) point that Simplisafe needs to get their "shit" straight, I would like to also offer some details on said shit from a customer perspective as I am one of those people who have sent this back for a refund:

1)You spend way too much money on Emarketing and sales. It's weird that you scrubbed the entire INTERNET of bad reviews of your product. This is corporate negligence.  I should NOT have to dig around on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter etc. to get the real information on the performance of your product and/or customer service. A $2 dollar transmitter renders your product simpli-unsafe. You wouldn't know that as you paid all these tech blogs to rank your product #1 so ppl who are just doing preliminary research are fooled into thinking your product is the best and safest on the market. Lies.

2) While you were spending all your $ on marketing/sales, you allowed the actual product to become unusable. And this is where things got weird from a customer service perspective. As a customer, you all really thought it was cool to keep me on the phone for an hour and a half? And it's an active 1.5! Like we're taking batteries out together and blowing on the SS system like it's a Nintendo, I am unplugging things...and replugging these...and putting batteries back in ... and guessing at what the local favorite cell phone tower is...it's been a real treat doing this for the past 3 with you all during the holidays. However, I never got that refund for the 2 months my service wasn't working. And I don't know how many more pieces equipment from you all I need but I absolutely know that's it too much for Greta Thunberg.

3) I switched to Ring. It works. And I didn't have to wait on hold for hours to talk to some really unhinged people who from the gate accused my wife of putting a non-rechargeable battery in the base station.  WHICH is WEIRD!!! In 2020 in the year of our Lord, a battery should not take down a security system. $2 Transmitter. Ok, sure. But a silly double A Battery? I mean WTF? That just makes me feel like your product was cheaply engineered and not fit to safeguard me or my family. Also, it didn't happen...so there's also that. We never touched the effin battery. Side note: how is it rechargeable if I have no way to recharge it?

So I hope this sheds a little light on Lance843 & etal's words...

I truly am or was a real customer. And looking forward to the day when SS stood for SimpliSafe not Shit Show.

Sincerely,

Ex-Customer Ashley

2 Messages

Customer service is absolutely terrible. I have been lied to four times and tonight I just had the rudest customer service rep that I have ever experience. I have made about 40 phone calls to them because of the trouble I was having with the system or to check where my order is at. Oh by the way don't believe their 1 day shipping bull. It's a lie. I was supposed to have a replacement base station 1 day delivery  to me and that was on December 30 which I was promised it would be to my house on the 31. Today is January 6 and still no delivery. All they can tell me is that I was lied to by the customer service personal and it won't be delivered until Wednesday. I've heard this before. Another example of being lied to and poor customer service is they said my key pad was not functioning properly and they would 2 day ship it to me. I received shipping tracking number and thought it was going to be delivered according to the tracking number. The shipping date was changed 3 times before it arrived a week later. Hopefully someone looking to buy simpli- I don't care about the customer-safe will read this and steer clear of this product. I wish I had read the actual customer  reviews first not the paid advertising reviews I would have never wasted my money and time. The only reason I'm not sending it back because I have a lot of sensors and I don't feel like taking everything down. Potential buyers you have been warned. Stay away from simpli- who cares about the customer after the sale-safe.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

Il y a 3 y

Ashley, it is true the SS customer service is sub-standard, particularly this time of year.  That being said, your reasoning has a few holes.

1) Every wireless system (including Ring) is capable of being jammed.  Has there ever been a case of SS being defeated with a $2 (or even $200) device?  Other than in a lab or by the owner as a test, that is.

2) Unusable?  There are a lot of people who find it adequately usable.   Yes, some people have problems, and SS's weak customer support makes these problems harder to rectify, but they often CAN be fixed if the customer behaves in an intelligent and competent manner.  And SS is missing some features which are deal breakers for some customers, and SS doesn't seem to have any interest in addressing these features.  If SS can't meet a person's needs, they can return it during the return period for a complete refund.

3) "Debug scripts" are the norm in customer support for high-tech products.  SS does need to improve theirs.

4) How do you "scrub the internet" of anything?  They don't even scrub their own forums, which they completely control.  As for the reviews, when the system works, it works very well indeed.  Although they don't always achieve it, SS POTENTIAL seems to be the best value in the industry.  With other companies nipping at their heels, this may change (or even have changed).

5) You think it is a good idea to put a non-rechargeable battery in ANY charging circuit?  That is the way to damage the battery, damage the device, or at worst, cause a fire.  If you want to snarl at SS for this situation, let if be for not using a "non-standard" battery which cannot be replaced with a standard one rather than for them correctly notifying you not to do something which will cause you problems.

6) The rechargeable batteries in the SS base are recharged by the base whenever it is plugged into a live electrical outlet.  It is not necessary, but they can also be recharged in any standard recharger.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

I'm guessing "scrubbed from the internet" was a mis-use of wording - more like, bought and paid for reviews (amazon, anyone?) - And if the BBB was rated on customer reviews (which it isn't, but should be taken into account), SS wouldn't even be on the scale (i.e, F-).

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

The BBB, at least to me, is a scam.  Anyone seems like they can get an A+ rating.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

^ Exactly, yet, businesses, orgs, even govt still suggest consumers refer to it.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@Angry customer , your post details your experience and have every right to be angry. One's experience is one's reality and, unfortunately, SS does not take that into account every holiday season.

You may ask if SS is even capable of providing good customer service. Yes, Simplisafe can, and usually delivers above and beyond service February through October....but that's not the way the real world works. I am a loyal, happy customer for 8 years in March and, personally, have placed 30 SS2 and SS3 systems over the years to family, friends and coworkers, even a few complete strangers when we first met.  Unfortunately, support this year is historically the worse and  I even had to provide support to three of those 30 systems.

There is a new COO in town who brings a fresh view on things. He started about a month ago so he gets a pass for being new. Mr. Cerda, however, has to get "his house" in order and to make sure this cluster never, ever happens again.

At my former company, I was responsible for the call center many years. One item was a continuous welcome to our COO and CEO to work on the phones at any time.  Often we would get surprise visits and I can't tell you how effective and beneficial it was for both the call center associates, customers and, to me most importantly, our COO and CEO.

Simplisafe Sr Mgt, let me say it again, your customers and your associates deserve better.  Much better.

2 Messages

I really don't care if as has new COO. The fact is the advertise all this crap and have no customer service to back it up. Sounds like you work for ss the way you defend them. Well you are not me and you have no been through the hell I have been through with ss. The examples in my post are just the bare minimum and I could write all day about my terrible experience. I don't need you to try and ease my mind. I need ss to make this situation right. I still say buyer beware. I'm not the only one who has had these issues. I just hope that potential buys can read this and steer clear of ss. I wish I had done my research and I would have not wasted my time or money. These days customer service means everything ALL YEAR LONG.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@Angry customer  it does appear that you are so angry you didn't read my post closely. I didn't say anything in your post was inaccurate, wrong or didn't agree with. I did state an opinion, facts as I see them, and along with you, state to SS this situation is not acceptable.

Also, don't worry, wouldn't think of showing any empathy or support in the future for you. Happy New Year.

BTW, if you do a google search and read many of my posts, I can assure you:

1. I don't work for Simplisafe, and
2. Not shy calling Simplisafe out, like I did in the post you are upset about.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 3 y

Now dont get me wrong, i love simplisafe and there products and i dont plan on leaving but when i need help and i work from 7am to 7pm and i am on hold for an hour and a half then phone picks up you hear someone then they hang up then you do it again and wait 57 minutes then the same thing then i just lost it and my apologies for it but come on i can call my cable company or the company I have my security cameras with and they pick up in seconds. I just lost it after working all day then trying to get my system fixed so they really just need to get it together or i will have to sell it and go with cove but i dont want to as i really love ss. Please ss just fix the problem because when i do speak to someone its awesome and love simplisafe.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

Captain, we don't have any evidence that the new CEO has really started - I'm guessing his official capacity noted, but job duties?  Not til after the new year is what I'm guessing.  I think it's quite obvious that the past-tense person(s) jumped ship immediately, as the customer service really really nose-dived around the time of that so-called big announcement.  Don't forget though, this was also going on back in June, so there is no more holiday excuse, none, whatsoever.  I don't think ANYONE is working in their full capacity at the moment, because if they were, they would have prepared, they would have hired more holiday people, they would have ditched the stupid phone system they currently have, and they would have fired the shipping dept manager long before the holiday!

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

Il y a 3 y

^^this^^

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 3 y

@coltmaster1, as I read the press release, possibly incorrectly, Mr. Cerda started, and even if he did, I doubt anyone would be able to turnaround this ship bailing water in the span of a week or two.  As mentioned in the other thread, wait times this week appear to finally be dropping and the hordes of new agents recently hired are getting their feet wet and now more productive.

@Lance, my replacement Co sensor showed it was "fulfilled" by a 3rd party company, so possibly SS has farmed that piece out to get some more capacity.

All in all, we customers shouldn't have to guess and I am at least still waiting for the Mr. Cerda public announcement "this is what we did wrong and this is what we are doing about it so it doesn't happen again" statement.

Doubt it will ever come, but sure would be nice.