‎Video Doorbell Suggestions | SimpliSafe Support Home

R

Sunday, November 4th, 2018 7:14 PM

Video Doorbell Suggestions

Just installed my SimpliSafe Video Doorbell.  Coming from a Ring doorbell, here are a few updates that I would like to see SimpliSafe integrate in the VERY NEAR future.  If they don't, they really won't be part of the competition in this market.

1)  Ability to record the audio from both sides of the conversation,
2)  Ability to delete unwanted videos from the timeline,
3)  Ability to change notification sound on your mobile device.  Alert sound is like all others I receive, so there is nothing that differentiates it, and draws my attention to it,
4)  Ability to adjust motion detection distance,
5)  Ability to adjust recording time of a triggering event.  

That's all for now.  Not sure if I'm going to keep this mounted or not.  It still shows Offline in my SimpliSafe mobile app, even though it records just fine.  Weird. :(  May just put my Ring doorbell back up for now, as I am missing some of these basic features.  Good thing I didn't drill any new holes in my stucco.  :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Captain

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@robertbeglau , the ability to set distance is basically there with motion setting to high, medium, low and off. More is coming later this month.

3 Messages

Thanks for the info Captain11.  I'm sure it will mature into a very good solution.  The potential is there.  Have had my SS system for several years now, and have been very pleased with it.  This is the first experience of adding a camera to the system, so wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Hopefully, if they get some of these refinements made, they will roll over to the anticipated outdoor cameras.

1 Message

6 years ago

Any idea what the recommended operating temperatures are for this? Can't seem to find this information on the website. Thanks!

36 Messages

6 years ago

"2) Ability to delete unwanted videos from the timeline,"

I posted about this in the "installing and using" forum, it's odd that this functionality is not there. Hope they can add it (for all cameras).

Also, I hope they come out with a wireless version, since the rest of the system is wireless. I don't have the numbers for wired/wireless sales of the competitors, but I'd imagine a substantial number of users are like me and need a wireless version.

I love the design of this doorbell and based on my good experience with the alarm system (4 months in) I am excited to try this out once they have a wireless version.
New to the Community? Get started by reading our Welcome Post.