B

Mon, May 24, 2021 7:49 PM

VISIBILITY (or lack thereof)

I'm very happy with my SimpliSafe.  But the keypad display is SO HARD TO SEE.  All the text is small and there is so much space available.   Make it bigger!

It's nice to see cute circles with the status (Off, Home, Away) but the circles are useless.  If you insist on shapes, use;
Circle = Off
House Shape = Home
Running Icon = Away.

And DO use larger fonts.  

I am a professional Home Automation Installer (with ALL 5-star Yelps) and EVERY one of my customers has the same issue.

My only functional complaint: It can be disabled by a transmitter (I'll NOT post details here).  The system should be on a different frequency.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@simplisafe380 I will add one on the display for the phone app: don't use light gray font on a gray background.  As far as the other item, we can agree to disagree on the practicality of actually disabling the system with a transmitter and leave it at that.

217 Messages

Il y a 1 a

Oh you boomers! ;-)

Don't you know that tiny fonts with no-contrast colors and no discernible identification of clickable buttons is the latest-and-greatest "material design" fad for all the Millenial Brogrammers?  It's systemic ageism!  ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

Hopefully the fad will pass and the new fad will be bold colors with strong borders around buttons.  Fashion always comes around again, so I suspect we'll see late 1990's-style web pages come back eventually.

(I'm a Gen-X'er just getting to the point of not being able to see squat!)

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Il y a 1 a

@simplistuckon you have my vote for the best post  so far this year!

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

Il y a 1 a

Hey now, let's not assume! Our dev team is a diverse bunch, and we're constantly expanding to test our upcoming products and features with a wide range of customers as well.

That said, this is all great feedback. We'll make sure that our dev team hears about it.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security