A

Mon, Jan 13, 2020 8:43 PM

What is wrong with SS Customer support- Besides being non existant

I have had nothing but trouble with customer support since day one.  First they never sent me an order or tracking number.
Then I found out that the doorbell needed to be hardwired in to an existing doorbell, which I don't have.
It took 3 emails, 3 calls and 2 weeks to get someone to send me a return label. At that point I just wanted to return everything. How could I trust a company like this to actually monitor my alarm and follow the proper procedures if I did have an alarm event?
They send me a USPS label, with no way to track it, for an 8 ounce envelope. How was that supposed to work? Another long wait on the phone finally gets me to someone whe emailed me the proper UPS label.
They don't issue an RMA number (Returned Merchandise Authorization) or anything like it, as any normal company would. What are the odds that SS will receive the merchandise back, and process the return to the proper credit card in a timely manner? Well it appears that my esimate of 0% was just about right..  
The package was delivered to SS and signed for on December 23rd.  OK, it's the holidays, I get it. It's now January 13th and still nothing. That is completely unreasonable.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

1.  They claim they are "a paperless company" (even their checks look generic).
2.  Shipping, returns, etc have been screwed up since June of last year (as well as billing issues).
3.  Likewise for customer support. (emails also are not being responded to).
4.  Sheer incompetence on the part of anyone who isn't a customer service rep who has to deal with customers and incompetent higher-ups.  The higher-ups need to be re-trained or fired.
5.  We're hoping the new CEO cleans house (it remains to be seen).

Sorry you've had to deal with this - keep trying to call SS - try calling at 9 am (ET) when they first open, press #1 for sales, hopefully someone will answer sooner (don't rely on emails).  Ask directly for a senior supervisor and tell them you expect your refund to be issued TODAY - and if that fails, notify your cc issuer and dispute the charges.
I'm just venting. I'm not really concerned about the money. It's a simple in and out on the credit card account. They'll either give it back or my bank will take it back. I'm fine either way.
I have all the emails, UPS tracking, proof of delivery etc.
I read through this Forum and it seems to be a common thread. It seems like this would concern management, but evidently not.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 3 y

If you've read through the forums recently, apparently, no one at simplisafe is concerned about anything. (save for the reps who have to put up with it).