K

Thu, Jul 1, 2021 10:20 PM

Why no forum search?

As far as I can tell, there's no ability to search the forum for keywords (e.g. smoke detector) to find relevant threads.  This is an essential feature for any community forum.  I refuse to scroll through 10 pagest of posts, guessing which might be relevant to me.  Until you add this feature I won't be a regular user and you will ge  bunch of disjointed posts where people repost the same topic over and over.  Guess I'll check the Simplisafe subreddit to see if I can get help that way.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

1 y ago

@kevinbcatlin there is a search function in the rather new help center, and SS reports they are buidling a new Customer Resource Center (CRC) which will include a new forum.

As far as searchng here, suggest you use a google site search. For example, motion sensors and pets

site: simplisafe.com/forum pets motion sensors

Change the key words to improve results. BTW, anything you need can also try posting and there are many customers here who will try an assist.  Have a safe and happy 4th.

2 Messages

google search is not an acceptable solution, IMO  I should be able to search within a specific sub-forum if I want to minimize "noise".  I look forward to the improvements you allude to.  I have no idea what the "rather new help center" is.  If it exists at all, it is very well-hidden.

Community Admin

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hello kevinbcatlin,

Long story short, this forum software is ancient and hasn't received a lot of attention over the past twelve (!) years of its existence. For now, please don't worry about asking any repeat questions. That's what I'm here for.

But yes, we're working on some major improvements and I can't wait to tell you about them soon.

- Johnny M.
SimpliSafe Home Security

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

1 y ago

@ kevinbcatlin, go to any of the website pages, on the black footer look for the "Support" header. 2nd item, "Help Center" and click on it. You will go to the new Help Center. It' s not bad and getting better as customers suggest new articles. And yes, there is a search tool.