E

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 6:17 PM

Worst Customer Service - Hands Dowsn

I returned my unopened simplisafe system (well within the 60 days) on January 2, 2020. I had to use multiple channels to even get a return shipping label. Why you can't print one from the website is an indication that Simplisafe is trying to make it difficult for customers to return their items in my opinion. Regardless, I finally got the label after two emails and three phone calls.

The only way I can get Simplisafe to respond in a timely fashion is through facebook messenger. They confirmed receipt in their warehouse on 1/21 and said it would be one week for the refund to process. After my next weekly check in on the status of my $200 refund, they said the fulfillment team was "probably" still processing it. Now, after over a month has passed since I shipped the item and over two weeks have passed since they confirmed that they received it, I still do not have a refund or any further response to my inquiries.

I've disputed the transaction with my credit card company. I've ordered many things online and had to return many things. Never ever have I had to dispute a charge because the company failed to address it properly This is hands down the worst experience I've had. And from a company that expects its customers to trust them with their home security? What a joke. If something actually happened, based on their record, you'd be burglarized and dead in a ditch before they bothered to respond to the security alarm.

Advocate

• 

541 Messages

3年前

Well if it makes you feel any better simplisafe does not respond to an alarm event, that woukd be the monitoring company c.o.p.s monitoring center and i will be the first to tell you they are awesome and respond instantly as we have set it off (opps) and they call immediately.

2 Messages

Yes, I know that simplisafe themselves would not respond to an event. Tone cannot be conveyed through text, so I guess my sarcasm was not apparent. I'm glad that you all have had success with your system. I'm just sharing my experience, and have not ever experienced customer service this bad with a nationally recognized company or with any company for that matter. Seems like they are intentionally creating a barrier for their customers to return the product after advertising how easy it is to do. Wishing you continued satisfaction with your system.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

3年前

This has been an issue for quite some time, and unfortunately, there is nothing much customers can do about it, except dispute with credit card issuer, and keep after SS - request a senior supervisor and request the refund is issued immediately.  They claim that refunds are issued every two weeks, but that's not entirely honest, many people have waited weeks and even months for their refunds.  So, best to followup with the credit card dispute (chargeback).