route_66_guy's profile

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 6:42 PM

Camera Offer and 3 Months Free Interactive Monitoring

Just received an E-mail today from SimpliSafe with this offer:

Beginning today, we are doing two things.

1. We're cutting the price of our Certified Refurbished Security Camera to only $19.99.

2. We're giving you our premium tier of monitoring, Interactive, for 3 months, at no additional charge beyond what you pay today.  

I have Ring indoor cameras...also 2 outdoor...that work great, but this offer is tempting.  I have had the standard monitoring for the past 6 years and never saw the need to update Interactive.  

Any thoughts on this and if you have the Interactive plan what benefits do you see that make it worth the money?

1.2K Messages

2年前

No kidding?  That's cool considering you 2 are the longest lasting forum members here.  I honestly can't remember how I found SS.  I may have go dig through the archives to find my first post.

166 Messages

2年前

Got the camera, connected it to my system and it works GREAT!!  A couple of questions..is there a way to delete the video recordings? I have it set to record in the Away mode.  What's a good way to test it other than triggering the alarm?

The video and sound is as good as my Ring cameras.  I am pleased with my decision to buy the camera and to go interactive.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

2年前

@ Route 66 Guy no, there is no way to delete them, and supposedly SS has their 3rd party vendor do it.  I can tell you that during the beta, which I was a part, even SS's own development staff couldn't access the videos. We had to download ourselves and then put on a 3rd party site to grant them access. To test, call COPS, put your entire system in test for an hour and go for it.

@drunkpenguin, I can't believe you didn't know I was a former ADT customer. As seven can confirm, as I have blasted them many times over the years, ADT simply sucks. Period.

1.2K Messages

2年前

I was kidding Captain, everybody knows about your ADT history.  Everybody, even my dog!  :)

Route 66 Guy, the recordings do automatically delete after a month.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

Sorry I missed that.  My favorite on ADT was an investigative report on our local CBS affiliate last fall on one of the largest ADT dealers in the county, based in Indianapolis IN. Besides many false statements and dirty tricks, the one that was the best was "salesmen" going to homes to provide a quote and punching holes in the home owners1 walls to "check" if a keypad would go there! You can't make this stuff up.

166 Messages

2年前

Would you believe my new "refurbished" camera just quit!!  Just has a blinking green light.  I went through the whole setup again without any luck.  Geez, might have to call CS for the second time.  I tried unplugging it for a few minutes, but that didn't work either.  My router is OK because my Ring cameras are working, as well as the rest of SimpliSafe on the app is working.  It worked like a champ for 29 hours, now nothing.

1.2K Messages

2年前

Route 66, theres a bunch of people saying the same thing right now.  Could be a network issue somewhere.  Mine are working fine tho.

166 Messages

2年前

OK, after being Offline for about 3 hours it is now working again!  Magic of electronics.  I read where others had the same problem, so it had to be on SS's end.  So, is this camera as reliable as my Ring cameras?  In the two years of owning my Ring cameras they have never just quit like that.  I will give SS the benefit of the doubt and hope this doesn't happen again. Fingers crossed!

1.2K Messages

2年前

First time ive seen that happen, and i was a beta tester for the camera.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

2年前

@Route 66 Guy, I installed my refurbished camera and install, and performance, was great. Then, about an hour later, all of my 4 cameras went offline.  As dp said, many others experienced the same failure. My SS3, like all the others, was fine but cameras were bricks. Now working fine.

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

I'm thinking that if an ADT salesman (or anybody for that matter) punches a hole in my wall, that is a guarantee that they will fix it.  At their cost and to my schedule.  Alternatively, it was an attempt to murder me and that person needs to be disabled, stat.

Captain

• 

4.7K Messages

LOL seven. If you have some time to burn, here is the link to the CBS News segment I was talking about. About 6 minutes in you will find the "hole in the wall" section.  it looks like a Saturday Night Live segment. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ad_4FqgJk

Advocate

• 

2.2K Messages

2年前

Wow.  Just wow.

Advocate

• 

2.8K Messages

2年前

The lady in the video who ended up paying 12K for the system, um, who does that?  For that kind of money, she should have bought the Hive!

Also, I've said it before, I'll say it again, the BBB is not consumer-friendly or trust-worthy, I've always known that customer complaints will never change the ratings, and as the BBB guy said himself, as long as companies respond to the consumer (even if the company is lying, deceitful, didn't resolve any issues), the BBB considers the cases/complaints "resolved".  That's BS, and maybe it's the BBB who needs investigated.

I pity anyone who gets roped into ADT and others like them, it's all a scam, and it's blatantly fraudulent.